Anyone use a dripper?

nybuckboy

have used them.  The ones i have used dont seem to drip real well but would think the scent is still there.  Cant say it has helped to be sure but cant say its hurt.  I have sprayed scrapes before and have seen them tore up after and last year sprayed a scrape and shot a buck there an hour after and he was licking the branches and on his hind legs to get to them.  Six- 2016.JPG

• Like 1

So what is your preferred lure...I'll use anything on sale and tinks was on sale this winter so I picked up a bunch...the mock scrape buck urine and doe pee...I also have doe in heat and an all season blend, but those will not be used until later in Oct.early Nov..

I know guys around me use lures and I  believe they are using the doe in heat stuff way too early...If they spook when I first put that out...I will not use anything the rest of the season except fruit based scents and believe it or not...mixed berry car vent clip on fresheners...that was what I had on a branch in this apple tree last year( no apples)

PICT0053.JPG

PICT0003 (9).JPG

PICT0066.JPG

Edited by growalot

I mentioned today my apple tree cam has gotten 200 pics two days in a row since I put it out..this is at the garden gate where I am always around... So far just doe hanging under the dripper ,but day and night..Sometimes minutes after I've been in the garden....I set a stand here a few years ago there are 6 producing apple trees all around that stand and a line of plums in front of it...I open the garden gate during season..... but the wind is a real PITA. The deer up on the neighbors trail 60 yards above me wind me ...often:mda:Swirling winds right there...with all the doe the buck should start showing soon..

IMG_2045.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, growalot said:

I mentioned today my apple tree cam has gotten 200 pics two days in a row since I put it out..this is at the garden gate where I am always around... So far just doe hanging under the dripper ,but day and night..Sometimes minutes after I've been in the garden....I set a stand here a few years ago there are 6 producing apple trees all around that stand and a line of plums in front of it...I open the garden gate during season..... but the wind is a real PITA. The deer up on the neighbors trail 60 yards above me wind me ...often:mda:Swirling winds right there...with all the doe the buck should start showing soon..

IMG_2045.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

damn nice spot.  Can I come apple picking??  by the way i use a bow to get them out of the tree, so dont think Im hunting while i am ummmm.........picking apples!  lol

nice spot for a stand for sure- good luck 

• Like 1

lol...I don't even use these apples...they are a wild apple and have a very ...hhhmmmm....mealy texture and taste.very dry...actually probably a great cider or wine apple...The deer love them though and at least two of the trees right there hold their apples well into gun season...only dropping in high winds. Right across from this tree I have a mitzu-crispin...it was loaded with blossoms...got 4 apples...doesn't it figure the ones I spray and prune well. Same with the plums loaded with blossoms 8 plums and I lost the branch those were on...so I just left it..because it was still attached but on the ground...the deer finally ate them this week so I can prune off the limb and remove it...

bought a dripper for the first time this year, hoping it works to some degree to pattern the bucks.... historically I dress up scrapes with my own pee, as well as tinks, buck bomb..
It must be cheaper using your own urine, but does it work?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk