Dog re-homing

diplomat019

Due to personal reasons i need to rehome my dog.  Not an easy decision but one that has to be made. He is a 4 year old pure bred german shorthair pointer. He is a house dog.   I have two young kids that he has been around with no issues.  He hunts and i have posted on here about our time in the woods.  I want him to go to a good home where he can still hunt and have a nice yard.  I dont want money, i just want the right place for him. Pm me for any other details.  Preferably westechester/putnam/ hudson valley area. 

IMG_1124.PNG

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

What's the sex of the dog? What species does the dog hunt? Whats the dogs bill of health? Why just that region? I think he'd be a great dog for the Adirondacks. Does it get along with other animals? Last whats its name?

I currently live in New Jersey so I was kind of basing it on proximity. But I'm not opposed to making the right move happen. 

-he is a male (intact)

-clear bill of health.  

-I hunt quail and pheasant with him.   Hes a bird dog and doesnt pay attention to fur.  He also doesn't chase deer. 

-housebroken

-  he gets along with other animals. He lived with a cat for a year and had no issues. And has been with other dogs with no issues as well. 

-his name is roscoe. 

That's a very difficult choice to have to make - My heart goes out to you! 

I adopted a Female GSP 2 years ago because the owner had "personal reasons" as well.  She's a great dog, fair hunter, and now one of the family.  She's 1 of 4 dogs we have (besides 2 toy poodles, we have a Chocolate Lab pup as well).

Go with your gut in judging your dog's new master and you'll make the right choice. 

Best of luck to you and your family!!!

• 3 months later...

Bump 

the home i placed roscoe needs to rehome him.  Long story short the guy has Another male gsp and they seem to be butting heads.  It started off rocky but then they became friendly but as of late it has been going south.  Too many altercations.   He has another older female dog and a cat in the house which roscoe pays no mind to.  Just seems like its the other male dog.  It seems to be a dominance issue.  Roscoe has been around young children his whole life and cats as well with no issues.  I never had him around other male dogs much aside from the dog park or at family’s homes which was never an issue. I have had him around an older male dog for weeks while pet sitting and never had one issue.  So it has to be two young males trying to assert their dominance.   So anyway.  Im trying to help the guy out. I had some interest from members last time i posted this.   Hes a bird machine.  Unfortunately i cant take him back due to personal circumstances.   What he needs is to be the only male in the home.  Like i said.  Hes a bird machine.  Listens great.  House trained.  Very well mannered.  The guy who took him in put a lot of field work into him.  A started dog with his pedigree would cost thousands on the market.  I could count on one hand how many times ive heard him bark inside the house. So if anyone is interested please reach out and i could give you any info you need.  Thanks fellas.