Help with draw length

zeus1gdsm

So the running near me has all of their mathews bows 300$ off..

After looking for a week or two I really want on of the no cam it's.

However they only have them in 29.

They do have a Halon 6 in 30.

Initial measure when I started archery was 30inch draw.

Took another measurement today. Still 30

Can I drop to a 29inch draw safely so I can get the HTC and save myself an additional 100$ and get the bow I initially went in for?

Local pro shop really sold me on a Halon 32. But I really don't have 1000 to throw at one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ahhh.   Honestly, the nock is behind the front of you eye and most say it should sit directly below.  But you look like you have some long arms so I don't know whether you could drop to 29".  Can you shoot one at that length.  TC is right, you could pick up 1/2" with a long loop. 

8 minutes ago, zeus1gdsm said:

Here's some pics of current draw.

I don't know if would help determine if draw could be reduced an inch.9ef089dd69c50e5df84ade752a9c97ea.jpgea05fbabf302e0f6b7c5cbc328ce34e3.jpg247b75f20d21a1b93b1abdf48b41cbcf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you shoot the cabinet? Sorry, had to ask

• Like 1

From my understanding ,Mathews bows run long on the draw lengths. I do not have first hand experience with this but Seems to be talked about a  bunch.i understand liking a bow but one should never use a long loop just to get a bow to fit. Plus you can not go any longer on the draw if you had too . Save your money and buy a bow that you can shoot before you buy that you know will fit you . 

From my understanding ,Mathews bows run long on the draw lengths. I do not have first hand experience with this but Seems to be talked about a  bunch.i understand liking a bow but one should never use a long loop just to get a bow to fit. Plus you can not go any longer on the draw if you had too . Save your money and buy a bow that you can shoot before you buy that you know will fit you . 

I wasn't suggesting a really long loop, I wasn't sure if he was using one to begin with. Having said that I like a bow for hunting to be a little short

8 hours ago, rob-c said:

I read the same about the dl running long on them. One test had it at 29.5, that's close and you can have Moog twist the string to gain another 1/4. I say go for it. You can always flip the bow if need Beto get your money back. 

Long d loops don't change the draw length FYI, only the anchor point.