I hate thieves.....

mowin

Was in Wal-Mart yesterday, hate the place, but sometimes you've gotta go there. 

Anyway, I was in line behind a guy with a infant in a car seat in the basket with a 5# bag of potatoes underneath the car seat. Also had some water and diapers under the cart on tbe bottom rack.  I noticed him look at the items several times, and glance at me each time to see if I noticed.  Now this guy was much younger and bigger then me, and I wanted no part of any confrontation that may have occurred after. 

I did allert the cashier as he left, and you could plainly see he was mad. The "checker/greeter" at the entrance never even looked, and the cashier got a little more irrateted.  Happened to be parked 3 spots from him, as he loaded up his stolen goods.  

Now I understand Wal-Mart has more money than me, and the prices include some loss, but i still hate thieves....

Edited by mowin
  • Like 2

Potatoes, diapers and water?  I don't know what else was in his cart, but that strikes me as someone having tough times.  If so, I'd probably pull a, "Hey buddy, you dropped this..." and hand him a couple twenties so he could pay for the items and keep his dignity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jdubs said:

Potatoes, diapers and water?  I don't know what else was in his cart, but that strikes me as someone having tough times.  If so, I'd probably pull a, "Hey buddy, you dropped this..." and hand him a couple twenties so he could pay for the items and keep his dignity.

I kinda thought the same thing, but when he opened the back to a newer jeep Grand Cherokee, I knew he could afford it. 

SteveB...As far as using my outside voice. This guy was alot bigger than me,  many tattoos, piercings. and I could Invision a confrontation outside as he most likely would have been embarrassed and pissed.  Had no clue he was parked close to me, so glad I didn't say anything.  Karma will get him. 

• Like 2

Twice I bought oil at Walmart and it was used, yep dirty s.o.b’s returned used oil, thing that gets me is the idiots at the return counter we’re not smart enough to see the oil jugs had been opened . Do needles  to say I check now.. 

46 minutes ago, mowin said:

I kinda thought the same thing, but when he opened the back to a newer jeep Grand Cherokee, I knew he could afford it. 

SteveB...As far as using my outside voice. This guy was alot bigger than me,  many tattoos, piercings. and I could Invision a confrontation outside as he most likely would have been embarrassed and pissed.  Had no clue he was parked close to me, so glad I didn't say anything.  Karma will get him. 

Not a criticism  at all. Seeing thieves just tend to eliminate any filters I normally have. At 66, I have no delusions of emerging on top of most confrontations anymore. But at 66 I don't care all that much anymore :rolleyes:

• Like 1