Redeamer Buck

eagle rider

Made it happen today at 7:20.  Quick version, been seeing this guy in camera.  Also a shooter 6.  Yesterday I had a bunch of doe and a button under my stand at 3:30.  The button attempts to climb up on one of the doe.  She runs him off, but when she does that her tail flicked and she had a bloody backside.  Figured they were ready to go.  Later that night I had this broke tine 9 coe out on adjoining property, but no shot.  Too far.  In fact he was in a tree huggers yard that hates hunters and has harassed hunter in the past.  Fast forward, this morning I put a Montana Decoy Estrus Betty on the creek bottom that I am in 25 yards from meet.  I hang a wick of Code Blue Doe Estrus in front of her.  I was in before dark and sprayed my boots and stand tree with Nose Jammer.  I have the wind in my face, the decoy facing cross wind and the sun is at my back.  Perfect ambush.  at 7:10 the 6 comes out on the tree huggers field.  I turn a Doe in Heat Can on him and he locks in on the decoy.  He gets downwind of her and now has the smell of love.  He's is heading towards her.  I'm up in the stand, have my bow in my hand.  He's 40 yards out coming.  Then stops!!!  WTH.  He starts snorting.  Then tails up and heads off fast.  I'm about to sit down and I see movement coming across the far side of the creek to the right.  It was this buck.  He likely scared off the six.  I tip the bleat can again.  He runs across the creek, locks on the decoy gives up a 30 yard 1/4 to look.  I draw the bow.  Whistle at him. He stops and I let it fly.  I spined him and he's down in his tracks.  Give him twenty minutes to quiet down.  I climbed out of the tree.  He rouses again but goes no where, I put in a finisher that cut his heart in half.  Could not be happier with the outcome,... I thanked the man up stairs and my dad who is three seasons in the happy hunting ground this month.  My rig is a Diamond Deadeye 70#, 29" Easton Nemesis 340's and G5 Deadmeat head.  

IMG_6464.JPG

IMG_6468.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

• Like 20

3 minutes ago, Deadhunter25 said:

Very nice deer congrats. How do you like that nose jammer stuff

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I swear by it.  I've had deer lay next to my stand when I use it.  Completely calms them down.  Smells like vanilla and fern oil.  Very natural smell for them.