Anyone ever shipped venison?

Jeremy K

I sent some venison to my brother in Myrtle Beach one year. I had an old Styrofoam cooler from Omaha Steaks that I wrapped in brown paper and addressed it to him. I filled it with venison and dry ice and took it to UPS.  The shipping rates vary by how quick you want it there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

How do those Omaha  co . steaks and such come packed ? They apparently have the shipping down pat. Duplicate that and think you’re good  My .02 

ps  you’re dad moved to Lancaster   I’ll pm you his new address ^_^

They ship with dry ice....................never had any problems with them. There food always comes frozen solid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

I saw on the news the other night that UPS is getting swamped with Christmas orders. Might want to take that into consideration when shipping it. Nice gesture on your part...sure he would appreciate it.

I was just thinking that ,since it's not a Christmas gift or anything time sensitive, I may wait til after the holiday rush to avoid it getting held up somewhere for too long.

51 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

I saw on the news the other night that UPS is getting swamped with Christmas orders. Might want to take that into consideration when shipping it. Nice gesture on your part...sure he would appreciate it.

Our guy showed up at 7:30 with furnace filters...he told us they have them working until 11pm...I'm assuming at the ware house loading at that time...I mean I wouldn't want to be a driver if they are told to deliver that late in rural areas...lol

Those OS coolers are the handiest things going we keep those and the ice packs. I vacuum seal them and keep them in the freezer when needed... in the summer I pop a couple in the insulation bags I keep in  the car for shopping. I can drive and hour with ice cream and still have it frozen when I get home...

24 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

How much are you sending? If its a few lbs it will stay frozen for a few days in a good styrofaom cooler box with gel packs. Dry ice makes shipping very expensive

Not that much ,a couple packages of steaks is all he wants.

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

How do those Omaha  co . steaks and such come packed ? They apparently have the shipping down pat. Duplicate that and think you’re good  My .02 

ps  you’re dad moved to Lancaster   I’ll pm you his new address ^_^

Styrofoam cooler all taped up with ice packs. I can't remember if it was dry ice or not.