New to hunting Albany area

Dsltech

In 1995 I lived in the Village one apts in rensselear.  One day my truck broke down and I had to walk to school, hudson valley cc. Anyway that strip of woods along river i saw the one of the  biggest bucks of my life. Had to be def 150 class 10 point chasing doe right in front of me.  Might have been even bigger.  I was in shock, didn't  even know there were deer around there till that day.......

• Thanks 1

Welcome, from another Capitol Region hunter!  We are lucky to have a number, of good public land hunting spots, within a short drive. We are smack dab in between the Dacks and the Catskills too. I'm not too familiar with spots east of the Hudson, but on this side of the river, PM me and I could get you headed in the right direction.

Stay tuned! I'm looking to put together a meet and greet with the Albany area members, in early spring, before turkey season. Would be a great way to pick up some local info, and meet some great hunters too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Welcome, from another Capitol Region hunter!  We are lucky to have a number, of good public land hunting spots, within a short drive. We are smack dab in between the Dacks and the Catskills too. I'm not too familiar with spots east of the Hudson, but on this side of the river, PM me and I could get you headed in the right direction.

Stay tuned! I'm looking to put together a meet and greet with the Albany area members, in early spring, before turkey season. Would be a great way to pick up some local info, and meet some great hunters too!

grampy, i appreciate the warm greetings especially today (-2f) looking forward to some coyote hunting with a friend this weeend and your get together this spring

• Like 1

Welcome ! Good luck on your quest for my favorite 3 !!! My favorite is by far deer, size of the game, big bucks, lots of opportunity's. Next is turkey. Nothing like getting out of the truck,hitting the owl call then hearing that thunder chicken roar and getting him to fly down and come in for a lead lunch. Then there's Yotes, oh how I love Yotes.... Nightime. Pitch black. Just you and an apex predator with a jaw full of sharp teeth and a howl that makes your neck hair stand up.... And then u see eyes coming to your calls..... Good times !!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1