pellet gun

vizslas

9 hours ago, Doc said:

It looks like a fun-gun no matter whether you use it on tin cans or squirrels. Just out of curiosity, what does a thing like that go for. Wish I had something like that to shoot in my basement right now. This frigid weather is getting me a severe case of cabin fever.

I bought the Hatsan 250XT Tac-Boss .177 cal Air Pistol the other day at fieldsupply.com for $40. Regularly $60. link Haven't tried it yet. I need to go buy a pellet trap so i can shoot in the basement. The BBs (zinc-coated only for this one) are cheap, the C02 cartridges aren't too bad either, like a penny a shot.

17 minutes ago, Elmo said:

The Crosman P1377 is a classic that would fit your needs.  The variable pump can be annoying but it's iconic and worth having just to have I think.

https://www.amazon.com/Crosman-P1377BR-American-177-Caliber-Pneumatic/dp/B00TEACFXW

That's the one I have had for 35 years or so. Couldn't even fathom how many pellets or BB's it's shot   The seal just started to not hold well so have to pump up immediately before shooting it. I plan on sending it back to get fixed. The newer model of the original just plain sucks !

22 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

That's the one I have had for 35 years or so. Couldn't even fathom how many pellets or BB's it's shot   The seal just started to not hold well so have to pump up immediately before shooting it. I plan on sending it back to get fixed. The newer model of the original just plain sucks !

Check on line.  I bet there is a video on how to change the o rings.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

I have a Hatsan edge (rifle not pistol) and love it. I threw a 4x scope on it and seems to be pretty accurate. I have only shot it at 40 yards but seems good enough for rat tails and rabbits. Shoots around 1000fps so should be plenty and is cheap to shoot.

chas0218, what pellets are you using? 

Along with the pistol mentioned above, I recently bought a .22 Hatsan 95 Vortex QE. Haven't tried it tried it yet. It came with a Hatsan Optima 3-9x32 scope. I am not sure about putting on the scope. It sounds to be semi-decent based Amazon reviews.

10 minutes ago, goosifer said:

chas0218, what pellets are you using? 

Along with the pistol mentioned above, I recently bought a .22 Hatsan 95 Vortex QE. Haven't tried it tried it yet. It came with a Hatsan Optima 3-9x32 scope. I am not sure about putting on the scope. It sounds to be semi-decent based Amazon reviews.

I've gotten my best group out of the polymer tipped pellets but have just been using some old .177 wad cutters to break it in. I get flyers with those but I'm guessing they are probably 30+ years old. Not sure if it is the pellets, gun, or me but the hollow points don't group very well. The gun has only had 100 shots through it so she still has a lot of break in left. I just shoot at some random stuff I nailed to the pine tree behind the house. I like to hang tin cans and shoot at those to hear the plunk if I hit it. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

That's a pellet gun? Should be good out to 100 yards with that gun.

Guys out west shoot em to 200yds with a regulator mod.  Its pretty powerful for an airgun.  Easily accurate to 100ys.  Wind doping is more critical with a 26g pellet though. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Guys out west shoot em to 200yds with a regulator mod.  Its pretty powerful for an airgun.  Easily accurate to 100ys.  Wind doping is more critical with a 26g pellet though. 

Nice 

My favorite  pcp is the woods walker light compact accurate enough to hunt out to even 100 yards if you  adjust the settings on it 

20180108_155631.jpg

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 10:05 AM, moog5050 said:

Got a good deal on this.   Arrives Weds.  Edgun R3M in .25.   Should be fun chasing some small game. 

7DE1C2FB-0861-408D-A2F6-81B597E26325.jpeg

Finally filled and shot this tonight.  Clean through 3/4” plywood at 20yds.  Should be plenty for all but squirrels with a heavy metal plate in their head.   Very quiet too.   

• Like 4

On 1/11/2018 at 8:19 PM, moog5050 said:

Finally filled and shot this tonight.  Clean through 3/4” plywood at 20yds.  Should be plenty for all but squirrels with a heavy metal plate in their head.   Very quiet too.   

Those are good guns  just take accurate headshots   in the Pcp  hunting world its all about pin point accuracy i have seen UK guys take rabbits at 80 yards with sub 12 foot pound  high end airguns  yours  is over  30 ib should be no problem . 

Have fun :)

• Like 1

It’s actually boring shooting off the bipod at 20yds.   Shooting another pellet or aspirin is pretty easy.   Natalie was blowing up tums this morning in her PJs.   Need to stretch it out a bit.  Set it dead on at 11yds and 50yds.  POI rises 3/4” at 20yds and about 1” at 35yds before dropping back to dead zero at 50.  Inch low at 60 and then it falls hard to 4” low at 70.   One thing for sure, if you miss, it was the Indian.  

6A8FB20E-5CA7-4F6D-BDE8-13109C4440E7.jpeg

• Like 5

It’s actually boring shooting off the bipod at 20yds.   Shooting another pellet or aspirin is pretty easy.   Natalie was blowing up tums this morning in her PJs.   Need to stretch it out a bit.  Set it dead on at 11yds and 50yds.  POI rises 3/4” at 20yds and about 1” at 35yds before dropping back to dead zero at 50.  Inch low at 60 and then it falls hard to 4” low at 70.   One thing for sure, if you miss, it was the Indian.  
6A8FB20E-5CA7-4F6D-BDE8-13109C4440E7.thumb.jpeg.3c64e4f575437827cc8501fbca98d3fc.jpeg
Leave Indians out if this. Havent they suffered enough throughout history?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1