Bragging Poacher Gets Some Justice

CharlieNY

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

This guy should his license for life. There should be a zero tolerance policy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasn't hunting with tags anyways..I always laugh at loss of licence.. they aren't using it anyway.. better off confiscation of personal property and jail.time or community service

• Like 7

He wasn't hunting with tags anyways..I always laugh at loss of licence.. they aren't using it anyway.. better off confiscation of personal property and jail.time or community service

True. Maybe loss of gun possession for life. This way any future possession of a gun results in prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

"Brutcher was charged with taking big game in excess of the bag limit; unlawful possession of protected wildlife; failure to report deer take within 7 days (three counts);  take/kill deer wrong implement; unlawful deer kill (two counts);  hunt over bait (two counts);  entice deer to feed (within) 300 feet (of a) highway. "

So... If you feed deer more than 300' from a highway, it's legal...? Never heard that one before!??!

For those of you asking about enticing deer to feed within 300 feet of a highway, here is the law:

8. No person shall place, give, expose, deposit, distribute or scatter any substance with the intent to attract or entice deer to feed within three hundred feet of a public highway.  Normal agricultural practice of planting, cultivating or harvesting and the feeding of deer held captive for agricultural purposes or the feeding of deer held captive in zoos and wildlife parks shall not be considered attracting or enticing deer to feed for the purposes of this section.

This should clear up any confusion you may have.

valoroutdoors.com

On 1/5/2018 at 7:06 PM, Storm914 said:

Don't get these guys that go and take the  risk of hunting illegally  want meat go to supermarket want  just a huge  rack just buy one off the internet  or go hunt a high fence  if you  don't want to hunt for one  legally what  are these guys trying to prove.

like i said before it's about proving your manhood to your hillbilly friends.  I'm such a good hunter, blah, blah, blah

On 1/6/2018 at 10:27 AM, CharlieNY said:

For those of you asking about enticing deer to feed within 300 feet of a highway, here is the law:

8. No person shall place, give, expose, deposit, distribute or scatter any substance with the intent to attract or entice deer to feed within three hundred feet of a public highway.  Normal agricultural practice of planting, cultivating or harvesting and the feeding of deer held captive for agricultural purposes or the feeding of deer held captive in zoos and wildlife parks shall not be considered attracting or enticing deer to feed for the purposes of this section.

valoroutdoors.com

hmm now you know. makes sense with regards to vehicle accidents. Certainty not one I've heard before though.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:27 AM, CharlieNY said:

valoroutdoors.com

Looks like a leftover law from before feeding was banned

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:37 AM, Stay at home Nomad said:

Meanwhile the town is going to pay “ sharpshooters” to come in and kill deer at night over bait ( at least that’s how I’ve seen it done around here .) 

Dont take that as defending the guy, just seems a bit ironic .

one guy I work with killed 7 deer in a town bow hunt this year and another killed 23 a year or ago, this place could use hunters who PAY to do,the same .

one thing I always thought would be controversial but effective is a vetting process for special hunts aimed at population control. just letting any hunter in there isn't effective but getting ones in there like those two who get the job done will.  then it's odd that some hunters on paper don't shoot many deer yet in reality they legally do.  For example DMAPS have to be reported but it's just known that it's taken by someone other than the name on the application.  I've filled my DMAP legal limit for years and despite they're reported as a group, I think it's not on DEC record that I filled them. I'm sure many others are in the same boat.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, G-Man said:

I've known of poachers that are NY residents to basically do what they please here in NY. They don't take here seriously, but travel to other whitetail destination states to hunt with greater trophy potential.  Regardless if they are in possession of a NY license or not, loss of license is huge.  most states, including NY, are part of the interstate wildlife violators compact.  it'd be felt by a those mentioned, if they couldn't hunt anywhere legally for say 5 years. trust me.  those that remain are doing a lot more wrong than poaching.  when caught, those get the book thrown at them.  it's the casual poacher that's gotten away with a slap on the wrist.

47 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

one thing I always thought would be controversial but effective is a vetting process for special hunts aimed at population control. just letting any hunter in there isn't effective but getting ones in there like those two who get the job done will.  then it's odd that some hunters on paper don't shoot many deer yet in reality they legally do.  For example DMAPS have to be reported but it's just known that it's taken by someone other than the name on the application.  I've filled my DMAP legal limit for years and despite they're reported as a group, I think it's not on DEC record that I filled them. I'm sure many others are in the same boat.

very successful program in oxford ms where i lived for a few years. need land owners permission, body bags and pass an accuracy skill test, shoot 3 doe first, do something stupid and lose your slot etc. Did a great job of controlling the urban sprawl areas. 

7 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

hold onto anything used during the crime.  they have a cellphone on them... fair game.

I have a family member that was arrested for bookmaking, they held onto his truck with all of his work tools in it for months. They wouldnt allow him to come get his tools out of it and this was before he even had a trial. What we have now is a less than 1% chance of getting caught and not much in the way of penalty to deter someone

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belo said:

very successful program in oxford ms where i lived for a few years. need land owners permission, body bags and pass an accuracy skill test, shoot 3 doe first, do something stupid and lose your slot etc. Did a great job of controlling the urban sprawl areas. 

our group had an older gentleman who's pride and joy was a quality deer hunter "course".  more like seminars.  brought in knowledgeable folks for each portion; gun, bow, etc.  off the beaten path location and lack of interest killed it.  hoping to resurrect it in the future maybe at a local highschool, especially if they have a local outdoor/sportsmen show.  a lot of work and time goes into that stuff though. for some of our smaller local QDM co-ops the landowners made it a requirement.