Any News On Full Inclusion For 2018?

grampy

On 1/28/2018 at 11:35 AM, grampy said:

You need to be almost disabled to qualify for a special permit, which thankfully I am not. Had surgery on my right shoulder last May, but it's still giving me a hard time. And the left shoulder needs surgery too, but not sure when I'll submit to the knife again. Just came up from shooting four arrows downstairs. That's all I could do. In the very near future my bow hunting days will be done. Nothing will ever take the place, of the love I have for my bow. But at least with a crossbow, I can still participate.

Good luck with the disabled Permit I have had both shoulders rebuilt the left one twice! and still they refuse to let me use a cross bow even though I have hunted with my compound for over 30 years and now I no longer have the option the law said you have to be ambulated for a permit

16 minutes ago, Critter4321 said:

Good luck with the disabled Permit I have had both shoulders rebuilt the left one twice! and still they refuse to let me use a cross bow even though I have hunted with my compound for over 30 years and now I no longer have the option the law said you have to be ambulated for a permit

A couple guys up here were speaking kinda the same language as this. It really is Sad as what they say you pretty much need to be in a chair or limbs missing.

These same guys now use their crossbows on their own properties. Which in turn will effect harvest report numbers if they reply at all. Kinda like the husband using the wives and kids tags. DEC has no clue of the true big picture.

5 minutes ago, Real World Hunter said:

A couple guys up here were speaking kinda the same language as this. It really is Sad as what they say you pretty much need to be in a chair or limbs missing.

These same guys now use their crossbows on their own properties. Which in turn will effect harvest report numbers if they reply at all. Kinda like the husband using the wives and kids tags. DEC has no clue of the true big picture.

Don't blame the dec.. the fault like in your representatives. The make the law and change them. Dec is an environmental organization not a game department. The issue is not theirs to decide or crossbow would be legal all season and well as longer late season. And would if been done years ago. 

We all need to step up and let our representatives know what we want. And stop pointing at the Dec as the hangup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Don't blame the dec.. the fault like in your representatives. The make the law and change them. Dec is an environmental organization not a game department. The issue is not theirs to decide or crossbow would be legal all season and well as longer late season. And would if been done years ago. 

We all need to step up and let our representatives know what we want. And stop pointing at the Dec as the hangup.

????  Is it not the DEC who gets the harvest reports and such and have the job of keeping track of deer numbers and harvests?

My point was more to numbers and harvest and who is doing what and not so much on who was making/changing laws.  

2 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Dec is managing numbers not game . Their formula works with what they are empowered to do. 

Kinda what my point was?  They have no clue on whats really happening as hunters are not going to report what they are doing or what they harvest.

So DEC has no part of guessing how many deer we have every year or how many were harvested or how many tags should be issued the following season?

Bow tags are.issued with licence.. numbers taken only.effect doe tags..and that's subjective.. not reporting them.has minimal influence as archery take at this point is extremely.low . Compared to gun. 

If crossbow was.legal all season it would have an impact.at deer take would be significantly higher after a few years. Ohio has more deer taken in archery season now than gun. (They also have short gun season. 

Again the op  is about crossbow being legal (or permits issued for disabled) and Dec has nothing to do with that.

7 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Bow tags are.issued with licence.. numbers taken only.effect doe tags..and that's subjective.. not reporting them.has minimal influence as archery take at this point is extremely.low . Compared to gun. 

If crossbow was.legal all season it would have an impact.at deer take would be significantly higher after a few years. Ohio has more deer taken in archery season now than gun. (They also have short gun season. 

Again the op  is about crossbow being legal (or permits issued for disabled) and Dec has nothing to do with that.

I understand the Op's question. If DEC is not managing the game( Deer Numbers), Who is in control on guessing the numbers of deer we have each year and how many extra or even less doe tags would be needed the following year to reflect those numbers?

The Dec is by using a formula and counts at processors..  the numbers are in no way accurate but they are close enough to do what is mandated by them by law. Their main purpose is environmental pollution.  And hunting dollars are siphoned off for that cause every year as being good for game. Changing furnaces from coal to gas in NYC really does nothing for deer in nys but it's good for the environment and there for good for game same ad dredging the Hudson river..  

To think the Dec is any thing close to game management agency is the same as thinking Hillary Clinton is a model with only the world's benefit as her only concern.

4 minutes ago, G-Man said:

The Dec is by using a formula and counts at processors..  the numbers are in no way accurate but they are close enough to do what is mandated by them by law. Their main purpose is environmental pollution.  And hunting dollars are siphoned off for that cause every year as being good for game. Changing furnaces from coal to gas in NYC really does nothing for deer in nys but it's good for the environment and there for good for game same ad dredging the Hudson river..  

To think the Dec is any thing close to game management agency is the same as thinking Hillary Clinton is a model with only the world's benefit as her only concern.

I get it...(Guessing=Formula )and using numbers reported( But of course not those not reported)  to do their part in managing game numbers to make decisions for the following year.