Airbow????

sodfather

2 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

It still works the same basic way. Limbs store energy, transferred to the string, which fires the arrow. How it looks is meaningless.

Compressed air stores energy and you look in the scope and pull trigger as you hold a gun stock.  

Samething 

Both not true archery so may as well let them both in and be consistent about it :)

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Compressed air stores energy and you look in the scope and pull trigger as you hold a gun stock.  

Samething 

Both not true archery so may as well let them both in and be consistent about it :)

No it isnt the same thing you freaking dolt.

Im done responding to you about this. You are ridiculous.

21 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I dont agree but whatever. This whole thing is getting stupid. What else can we invent and jam into the archery season

powder=compression/propulsion

air=compression/propulsion

Have you not seen the cutting edge suggestions of:

- TankBow

- Land MineBow (aka HarmlessBow)

- ClaymoreBow

- BazookaBow! (top secret!!!)

Edited by Rebel Darling
spelling error
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Samething 

Just say you want a season from Oct 1 through December, any implement. No shame in that, its better than your current argument that this thing that fires a sharp bullet is a bow

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Just say you want a season from Oct 1 through December, any implement. No shame in that, its better than your current argument that this thing that fires a sharp bullet is a bow

Why is that any different then the crossbow debate .

Of course I want a longer season and I want to use the primtive weapon of my choosing.  If it' not going to be limited to just true traditional archery. 

4 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Why is that any different then the crossbow debate .

Of course I want a longer season and I want to use the primtive weapon of my choosing.  If it' not going to be limited to just true traditional archery. 

Well, since you keep repeating yourself, I may as well do the same...

You're right!  It's not an arrow rifle...  It's an arrow gun, which means it belongs in gun season, and not in archery season, despite its ridiculous, factually incorrect, and branded name, "airbow."

Now, let's pre-empt the comparison you're bound to make between the arrow gun and the crossbow.  The arrow gun does not qualify as an archery implement, because, as you've noted, it's a gun which uses a chemical propellant to push an arrow out of its barrel.  That's right, there's no bow!  Ding! Ding! Ding! The arrow is only one-half of archery, which means it fails the test of satisfying archery criteria!  #sadface... 

The crossbow, however, has characteristics of both a gun and a bow, but still uses a drawn string with energy stored in limbs, either compound or recurve, to propel an arrow (or bolt, in crossbow parlance), which means it satisfies the criteria of an archery implement, despite the gun characteristics it also has. 

And now you've just explained to yourself why the crossbow's inclusion in archery season is contested and a much more difficult question to satisfy than the baseless assertion that the "arrowgun" is an archery implement.

Nice work!

4 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

Well, since you keep repeating yourself, I may as well do the same...

You're right!  It's not an arrow rifle...  It's an arrow gun, which means it belongs in gun season, and not in archery season, despite its ridiculous, factually incorrect, and branded name, "airbow."

Now, let's pre-empt the comparison you're bound to make between the arrow gun and the crossbow.  The arrow gun does not qualify as an archery implement, because, as you've noted, it's a gun which uses a chemical propellant to push an arrow out of its barrel.  That's right, there's no bow!  Ding! Ding! Ding! The arrow is only one-half of archery, which means it fails the test of satisfying archery criteria!  #sadface... 

The crossbow, however, has characteristics of both a gun and a bow, but still uses a drawn string with energy stored in limbs, either compound or recurve, to propel an arrow (or bolt, in crossbow parlance), which means it satisfies the criteria of an archery implement, despite the gun characteristics it also has. 

And now you've just explained to yourself why the crossbow's inclusion in archery season is contested and a much more difficult question to satisfy than the baseless assertion that the "arrowgun" is an archery implement.

Nice work!

Only someone who  never shot a bow before would believe you lol but it songs good . And it worked to get it in the season and I have no problem with that now you can start using those same arugments to get the airbow in archery season lol 

I am not arguing that crossbows should not be in archery I dont care .

All I'm saying why limited it to just that  anything that fires a arrow with around the same speeds of a crossbow or bow should be let in the mechanics of it makes no difference.  

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Youd consider this thing a primitive weapon?

And you consider a compound crossbow a primtive weapon?

Don't think they had those in the middle ages. 

There primtive compared to any modern  rifle .

Seasons should be Defined by ballistic properties  of a weapon 

Not mechanics of the weapon .

If you want to be consistent.

2 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

You didnt answer the question. And yes, I consider the compound primitive. All the bells and whistles in the world dont change the face that it needs to be raised drawn and held in the close proximity of a famously wary critter.

Im going to check out of this debate, its going nowhere and I dont really like arguing on the internet. Ill say this about you, you stay civil and I appreciate your opinions. See you on another thread lol

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Wrong again 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_crossbows

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Only someone who  never shot a bow before would believe you lol but it songs good.

It ain't about "belief".  This is my last shot at explaining very clear, fact-based differences. 

Adding elements to the basic definition of archery (limbs, string and arrow) is not the same as removing elements from the definition of archery.

- Compound bow adds cams, trigger releases, etc., retains limbs, strings, arrow.

- Crossbow adds stock of rifle, cams, scope, etc., retains limbs, strings, arrow.

- Arrowgun REMOVES limbs and strings, thus is does not meet the basic criteria of archery.

You're arguing that removing elements from the basic definition of archery is the same as adding to the definition of archery.  They are not the same thing.

Do you see the difference?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

It ain't about "belief".  This is my last shot at explaining very clear, fact-based differences. 

Adding elements to the basic definition of archery (limbs, string and arrow) is not the same as removing elements from the definition of archery.

- Compound bow adds cams, trigger releases, etc., retains limbs, strings, arrow.

- Crossbow adds stock of rifle, cams, scope, etc., retains limbs, strings, arrow.

- Arrowgun REMOVES limbs and strings, thus is does not meet the basic criteria of archery.

You're arguing that removing elements from the basic definition of archery is the same as adding to the definition of archery.  They are not the same thing.

Do you see the difference?

But you don't shoot it the same way the definition does not truly represent what the intent of the rule was about  and you know it lol 

So I can add limbs and a string to the airbow and it also would fit  your  definition ol 

Edited by Storm914

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

But you don't shoot it the same way the definition does not truly represent what the intent of the rule was about  and you know it lol 

So I can add limbs and a string to the airbow and it also would fit  your  definiion lol 

If you add limbs and strings to propel the arrow, then you wouldn't have an arrowgun, you'd have a crossbow.  Dude...  You have some serious entrenched resistance to logic and acceptance of basic facts.

The rule is ARCHERY season.  Until it is redefined as "Longbow" or "Traditional" bow season, crossbow proponents have a LEGITIMATE argument, because the crossbow meets the basic criteria of ARCHERY.  The arrowgun does not meet the basic criteria of ARCHERY, thus it does not belong in ARCHERY.  You do not have a legitimate argument, and you know it, lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

If you add limbs and strings to propel the arrow, then you wouldn't have an arrowgun, you'd have a crossbow.  Dude...  You have some serious entrenched resistance to logic and acceptance of basic facts.

The rule is ARCHERY season.  Until it is redefined as "Longbow" or "Traditional" bow season, crossbow proponents have a LEGITIMATE argument, because the crossbow meets the basic criteria of ARCHERY.  The arrowgun does not meet the basic criteria of ARCHERY, thus it does not belong in ARCHERY.  You do not have a legitimate argument, and you know it, lol.

no it doesn't because you shoot it like a gun  you still not getting this .

That's why they  even made it hard for people with medical reasons to use a crossbow in archery season . 

Once they decided it was not important to learn true archery. 

It does not matter anymore  how the arrow leaves the weapon that is  why airbows are legal in archery in a  number of states already just a matter of time since the true archery enthusiast already lost .

There the ones who kept crossbows out in the first place . 

Who will stop it now ?

9 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

no it doesn't because you shoot it like a gun  you still not getting this .

That's why they  even made it hard for people with medical reasons to use a crossbow in archery season . 

Once they decided it was not important to learn true archery. 

It does not matter anymore  how the arrow leaves the weapon that is  why airbows are legal in archery in a  number of states already just a matter of time since the true archery enthusiast already lost .

There the ones who kept crossbows out in the first place . 

Who will stop it now ?

You and I might not see eye-to-eye. But it's not for a lack of trying on my part. 

Yeah, I get that one holds the crossbow like a rifle, and pulls a trigger to release the arrow, like a rifle.  All you need to do to know that I understand that is to read my prior posts without cherry-picking points.  Furthermore, the difference between a crossbow and a vertical bow of any type is visually apparent and could be determined by anyone that has once played the game "One of These Things is Not Like the Other." 

But the crossbow uses a bow and string to propel the arrow.  Bow.  String.  Arrow.  The difficulty with crossbow inclusion in archery season is the definition of archery, which requires a bow and a string that propels an arrow.  That's archery.  A crossbow meets that criteria, and adds additional features to the archery implement, like a rifle stock.

An arrow gun doesn't match the criteria of archery because it fails to propel an arrow by means of a bow and string, and that's what you fail to admit despite repeated reasonable and factual explanations showing so.  You are failing to admit the nuance in the definitive argument because you are either blinded by your predetermined expectation, or simply being unreasonable for effect.

"It does not matter anymore how the arrow leaves the weapon" - You might be right for inclusion in archery season as determined by a political process, but that doesn't make the arrow gun an archery implement by the definition of archery.  Re-read that.  Now re-read it again.  Stop...  Let it sink in.  Now, re-read it again.

"Who will stop it now?" - It sure as shit ain't going to be you working to maintain an archery season in NYS.

• Like 2