Airbow????

sodfather

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

So then I guess I can count you as being pro airbow inclusion in bow season. Call it rhetoric and then you won't have to think about what is being done to bow seasons. It must be nice to have such an "I don't care" attitude.

No, you can simply go back in the thread and see what my stance is on it.

What Im referring to as your "rhetoric" is not the part about what has changed about Archery season. Go back and read what I said and let it sink in for a few before you reply.

5 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Allowing it to be used for hunting isnt the conversation. Adding it to Archery season is. Nice try though.

And so in your little world you think that because they didn't address where the season applies that it doesn't or couldn't apply in bow seasons. Well, I hope that your insistence on ignorance doesn't catch you by surprise.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

And so in your little world you think that because they didn't address where the season applies that it doesn't or couldn't apply in bow seasons. Well, I hope that your insistence on ignorance doesn't catch you by surprise.

No, go back and read. The topic of the conversation is about the airbow being added to archery season in one state, and who would be for or against it being added to bow season. Good lord.

The post that started this thread did not say that Virginia was the only state where this is allowed in bow season. And so you have made the leap that this is not allowed anywhere else and apparently never will be.

I have to get on to doing something useful that does not involve listening to your argumentative feeble attempts to shut down uncomfortable discussion that you don't want to hear. But I'll be back later.

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

The post that started this thread did not say that Virginia was the only state where this is allowed in bow season. And so you have made the leap that this is not allowed anywhere else and apparently never will be.

I have to get on to doing something useful that does not involve listening to your argumentative feeble attempts to shut down uncomfortable discussion that you don't want to hear. But I'll be back later.

Putting words in my mouth again Doc? Standard fare...

Virginia currently is the only state that allows it during bow season. Thats a fact.

I never said that it never will be allowed during bow season anywhere else. Thats also a fact.

I did say that I think that it should not be allowed during bow season, as its a gun. Feel free to continue making things up, spin doctor.

• Like 1

And a crossbow is no different?
Learning how to shoot a bow / the art of archery .
Has absolutely nothing in common with learning how to use a crossbow just to let you know .
A crossbow shoots handles like a gun. 
Why do you think it has not been included in archery until now .
Crossbow can also be made to fire lead ball  btw just like a gun.  The only difference is the propulsion system .

You're straying from the topic which is: is this product that has been incorrectly named "airbow" an archery implement. The answer to that is... wait for it... No.

Crossbow, by the definition of archery is an archery implement. It's inclusion or not in NYS archery season (or any other state's, for that matter) and the methods of employment that differentiate it from a trad bow or compound bow are irrelevant to the discussion on whether or not the arrowrifle, referred to by its manufacturer as "airbow", can be defined as an archery implement.

Whether or not NYS DEC eventually allows for arrowrifle's inclusion in archery season does not change the fact that the implement does not match the definition of archery.

I'd like to write "End of story", like you do, but you keep avoiding the point, so I await the next installment of "my vision of the future..."

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

You're straying from the topic which is: is this product that has been incorrectly named "airbow" an archery implement. The answer to that is... wait for it... No.

Crossbow, by the definition of archery is an archery implement. It's inclusion or not in NYS archery season (or any other state's, for that matter) and the methods of employment that differentiate it from a trad bow or compound bow are irrelevant to the discussion on whether or not the arrowrifle, referred to by its manufacturer as "airbow", can be defined as an archery implement.

Whether or not NYS DEC eventually allows for arrowrifle's inclusion in archery season does not change the fact that the implement does not match the definition of archery.

I'd like to write "End of story", like you do, but you keep avoiding the point, so I await the next installment of "my vision of the future..."

Archery is a bow with a string that you hold with one hand while pulling back the string with the other .  Technique of archery

Keep a relaxed grip on the bow handle. Position the string in the first groove of your first three fingers and slide your hand up directly under the arrow until there is no gap. Raise your out stretched bow arm level with the target, maintaining some flex in your elbow so your bow arm is not completely extended.

Once they changed the rules to crossbows then airbows naturally will be inclunded .

It is just a matter of time 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

No, go back and read. The topic of the conversation is about the airbow being added to archery season in one state, and who would be for or against it being added to bow season. Good lord.

The crossbow and airbow both are aimed the same way like a gun they both shoot arrows. 

Why make one legal and one not in the same season when they are both used the same way.    What set archery apart really is the technique to shoot  a traditional bow is different.

Then a crossbow and a airbow .

Edited by Storm914

2 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Lol if hunters are so concerned with the definition of archery that much why then  push for compound bows with trigger release , and crossbow inclusion? Which is    A gun stock that fires a bolt with a gun trigger and gun scope gun rail bipods attached  .

A crossbow has every part that a gun has except the Barrel and bullet .

And why did it take till now 40 years to have a season for it in archery ? 

When people think archery crossbow is not what comes to mind . But now most people at least here except it  now .

The airbow if it gets popular will be next .

It is what it is .  Technology changes .

1st the crossbow pre dates the gun. And releases we not allowed for many years nor were fiber optic pins. A compound bow and crossbow are at this point nearly identical when you consider the 80% plus let off. The only difference is drawing and you can get a drawlock  if you want. Trigger releases .. I can set my.comlound down and pick it up 8 months later and still kill effectively at my preset pin ranges. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Then crossbows would have been included long long time ago .

If the Dec made the regs yes they would of been added years ago but allowing them is a matter of changing laws therefore they have to go thru the legislative process and.lobbiests were very effective on keeping them out and almost did again until the Dec classified them as muzzloader so a course didnt have to be given otherwise they would of been legal but no one could instruct a course as by law you must hunt with legal implement for 3 years before you can teach course on it. That is the only thing Dec did fro crossbow and now the push is for it to be declared archery equipment so it can be used all season so by solving 1 problem they created another.

34 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

"Archery is a bow with a string that you hold with one hand while pulling back the string with the other .  Technique of archery"

- No, that is not archery.  That is use of a longbow or a compound bow.

"Keep a relaxed grip on the bow handle. Position the string in the first groove of your first three fingers and slide your hand up directly under the arrow until there is no gap. Raise your out stretched bow arm level with the target, maintaining some flex in your elbow so your bow arm is not completely extended."

- Ummm...  This is a method by which one employs a longbow or maybe a compound bow.  Still not archery.

"It is just a matter of time."

- Ahh...  There's that "my vision of the future..."

11 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

archery

[ahr-chuh-ree]

noun
the art, practice, or skill of an archer.
archers collectively, as in an army.
the equipment of an archer, as bows and arrows.

Its about the technique that is used in traditional archery is a differet skill then a crossbow or airbow that is really   what the argument is about .

Archers or not complaining just because they look different. 

It' the simple fact you don't shoot them the same way you don't use the same technique as a bow 

That kept it out of archery. .

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

So go try and use your crossbow in the Olympic archery event lol 

4 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

That's a daft comment and an attempt to distract from the conversation about the arrowrifle.

Yea,arrow rifle a crossbow 

Glad we are on the same page :)

They technically they are Arrow guns 

Rifles have rifled barrels .

Edited by Storm914

2 hours ago, Storm914 said:

They technically they are Arrow guns 

Rifles have rifled barrels .

You're right!  It's not an arrow rifle...  It's an arrow gun, which means it belongs in gun season, and not in archery season, despite its ridiculous, factually incorrect, and branded name, "airbow."

Now, let's pre-empt the comparison you're bound to make between the arrow gun and the crossbow.  The arrow gun does not qualify as an archery implement, because, as you've noted, it's a gun which uses a chemical propellant to push an arrow out of its barrel.  That's right, there's no bow!  Ding! Ding! Ding! The arrow is only one-half of archery, which means it fails the test of satisfying archery criteria!  #sadface... 

The crossbow, however, has characteristics of both a gun and a bow, but still uses a drawn string with energy stored in limbs, either compound or recurve, to propel an arrow (or bolt, in crossbow parlance), which means it satisfies the criteria of an archery implement, despite the gun characteristics it also has. 

And now you've just explained to yourself why the crossbow's inclusion in archery season is contested and a much more difficult question to satisfy than the baseless assertion that the "arrowgun" is an archery implement.

Nice work!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1