Airbow????

sodfather

13 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

Cross bow is not a real bow either yet they shoved that into the season, this will be next, then we will have gun powder charged arrows.  They all shoot the same projectile so they must be equal will be the mentality. 

So, pray tell, what is a REAL bow? 

16 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Eventually there will be a primitive weapon season.  Will be outlined as shooting a projectile with the use of a mechanism that doesn't have a propellant. Or something of that sort.

Renaming and redefining the season, or carving out a renamed and redefined season is a reasonable proposal, as long as definitive distinctions are made (for inclusion or not - above my paygrade) between crossbows, trad bows, and compound bows.  Otherwise, the "archery" debate will continue over crossbows and vertical bows.

An idea that just popped into my head is to have an every-other-year early season.  Odd numbered years go to primitive weapons, and even numbered years go to anything that flings an arrow.  Whatever...  It's just an idea, and might have more traction than my "TankBow" or "HarmlessBow / Land MineBow"  Hahahaaha.

1 hour ago, NFA-ADK said:

Cross bow is not a real bow either yet they shoved that into the season, this will be next, then we will have gun powder charged arrows.  They all shoot the same projectile so they must be equal will be the mentality. 

LOL, and I guess a REAL hunter would never shoot a crossbow, right?

12 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

Renaming and redefining the season, or carving out a renamed and redefined season is a reasonable proposal, as long as definitive distinctions are made (for inclusion or not - above my paygrade) between crossbows, trad bows, and compound bows.  Otherwise, the "archery" debate will continue over crossbows and vertical bows.

An idea that just popped into my head is to have an every-other-year early season.  Odd numbered years go to primitive weapons, and even numbered years go to anything that flings an arrow.  Whatever...  It's just an idea, and might have more traction than my "TankBow" or "HarmlessBow / Land MineBow"  Hahahaaha.

How about ClaymoreBows? Just strap one up to a tree next to a deer trail and sit in a blind and wait for the right one to walk by! Push a remote button and watch the carnage!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

How about ClaymoreBows? Just strap one up to a tree next to a deer trail and sit in a blind and wait for the right one to walk by! Push a remote button and watch the carnage!

I don't know...  It's too close to my top-secret invention, of which I'll share only the name: "BazookaBow!"  Exclamation point included...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SteveB said:

And yet a 90% letoff , 350 fps, 29" ATA  machine that can only be shot with a trigger is a bow.

Got it

Yes when you actually need TWO hands to shoot it!

PS:  Not everyone using a bow has a 29 inch draw length or poundage yet everyone shooting a crossbow will get the same speed, go figure.  Try getting those speeds with a 27 inch draw length at 55 lbs and just because it is a compound bow does not mean you need a trigger, I have a few guys who shot them with fingers!  Try that with a crossbow!

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

I use my fingers to shoot my crossbow. How else would I do it?

ok show a video of you holding the sting back with your fingers, lol.  Or did you not understand the post.  Next you will say I was talking about the trigger and how it was just sarcasm.