Airbow????

sodfather

3 hours ago, Rebel Darling said:

Yeah, GUN season.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Or you mean muzzle loader season just like crossbows  now lol 

Makes no sense when it shoots a arrow and you hold it the same way as a crossbow to have it in any season that is differen then what you put a  crossbow in  Not logical to do that  .

18 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Putting words in my mouth again Doc? Standard fare...

Virginia currently is the only state that allows it during bow season. Thats a fact.

I never said that it never will be allowed during bow season anywhere else. Thats also a fact.

I did say that I think that it should not be allowed during bow season, as its a gun. Feel free to continue making things up, spin doctor.

Look, I have no idea what might be found in your mouth. But in terms of your statement that Virginia is the only state that allows it during bow season, I guess I would have to see proof of that statement before I just accept that as fact.

8 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Makes no sense when it shoots a arrow and you hold it the same way as a crossbow to have it in any season that is differen then what you put a  crossbow in  Not logical to do that  .

Wrong. Crossbows are allowed during the last 2 weeks of archery season right now, you cant use a muzzleloader at that time.

It makes complete sense, one is a bow the other is a gun, projectile doesnt matter. You need 2 things for archery by definition, an arrow PLUS having that arrow fired off of a string using energy stored in limbs.

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Look, I have no idea what might be found in your mouth. But in terms of your statement that Virginia is the only state that allows it during bow season, I guess I would have to see proof of that statement before I just accept that as fact.

Look up the articles and regulations.

Oh and go fornicate with yourself while youre at it.

Just because DEC and the Legislature have a hard time getting their definitions correct doesn't mean you have to jump on the bullshit bandwagon, even though I see you're holding the reins. Your argument doesn't change the fact that arrowgun isn't an archery implement. That will never change, even if it is allowed in archery season. Be as smug as you want about your vision of the future. No one's disagreeing with you that it will be included at some capacity at some point. Your argument is that it should be allowed in archery simply because there's an arrow, you want it to be included, and you refer to the crossbow as some sort of justification. Myself and other folks on this thread have repeatedly shown you through logic, reason and definition that that argument is bullshit. So... if DEC or the Legislature include arrowgun in archery their argument will be bullshit too. You might be right in the end, but it doesn't make your argument any less ridiculous.

Have fun with your arrowgun, prophet.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2018 at 10:16 PM, Storm914 said:

From what people here have said I think this is the future of archery or at least will be legalized in one season or other .  It is more acurate more powerful  safer and more maneuverable in the woods.

That should translate into   more ethical kills .

That seems to be the most important thing for most hunters .

Also I do believe that is made in New York state  if I'm not mistaken.  So you would think it will get legalized in either muzzle or archery season eventually as soon as it gets more popular. What may make it not get popular is it's a pain in the A  to fill Pcp gunS  like that .

You need a special pump air compressor and there not cheep . Or you will need to find a scuba shop or  paintball place to fill it.

i disagree with the first part. is it faster with less drop and more accurate? maybe both.  we have a limited number of hunter that still make poor shots on deer with high powered rifles though.  i don't think deer are wounded with any particular implement significantly more than others counter my point either.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:48 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

I also have no objection to crossbow inclusion, but I know exactly why the "airbow" goes over the line for me. It isnt a bow, plain and simple. Bows have limbs and strings, guns of any type, do not. The "airbow" is an airgun. Now I have no issues with opening up airguns, but I do not feel that they belong in archery season, no matter what type of projectile they fire.

i'm on the same page.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Wrong. Crossbows are allowed during the last 2 weeks of archery season right now, you cant use a muzzleloader at that time.

It makes complete sense, one is a bow the other is a gun, projectile doesnt matter. You need 2 things for archery by definition, an arrow PLUS having that arrow fired off of a string using energy stored in limbs.

So you shoot your crossbow the same as a traditional bow ?

You don't 

And that is why it is not true archery. 

You are using word play technicality just because it has a limb and a string to get into a season that was made for people that wanted to learn the art and skill of archery. 

(Not gun shooting )

So may as well use the airbow to .  We can glue limbs and a string on that to and do the same .

It Is not logical to let one slide in and not the other .

That is why Crosman develop that thing in the first place for  crossbow people .

May as well take advantage of that too. Once you buy one you will change your mind . :)

On 1/30/2018 at 10:16 PM, Storm914 said:

From what people here have said I think this is the future of archery or at least will be legalized in one season or other .  It is more acurate more powerful  safer and more maneuverable in the woods.

That should translate into   more ethical kills .

That seems to be the most important thing for most hunters .

By this logic youd be for a single season where everyone has to use a rifle, correct?

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

By this logic youd be for a single season where everyone has to use a rifle, correct?

Look the DEC  will do what ever the politics tells them to do .

Politics got crossbows into archery. 

Airbow will be next 

Since they decided the fact that you don't even need to learn how to shoot a tradition bow anymore to hunt in archery  was not important why stop at just letting in one form of Arrow propelled gun and not the other ? 

They do the same thing but one does it a little better a little safer then the other.  

For example imagine if they 

Banning scopes in rifle season. 

Once they decided learning to shoot with iron sites was not imported why ban a scopes .

They do the same thing but just a little better .

Airbow crossbow ones just a better design of  the other .

They  do the same thing shoot arrow from a gun stock platform .

9 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Airbow will be next 

Since they decided the fact that you don't even need to learn how to shoot a tradition bow anymore to hunt in archery  was not important why stop at just letting in one form of Arrow propelled gun and not the other ? 

They do the same thing but one does it a little better a little safer then the other.  

Once they decided learning to shoot with iron sites was not imported why ban a scopes .

Is that a yes

the means of propulsion is no longer mechanical.  archery equipment is bound in performance by the materials and design to make those mechanisms work.  air/pneumatic propulsion is different with completely different limitations.  that kind of change there's not much difference making a change to a muzzleloader shooting a beefed up arrow and calling it archery equipment.  some have if it shoots an arrow it doesn't matter.  well you just took what everyone defines as a gun to shoot an "arrow". 

29 minutes ago, Real World Hunter said:

Call it what you will but i believe it will get put into archery season....If it even becomes legal...Because of the fact that it kills with arrow and it does not use gun powder.   Powder=Gun  Arrow=Archery

I dont agree but whatever. This whole thing is getting stupid. What else can we invent and jam into the archery season

powder=compression/propulsion

air=compression/propulsion

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I dont agree but whatever. This whole thing is getting stupid. What else can we invent and jam into the archery season

powder=compression/propulsion

air=compression/propulsion

Does a modern compoud crossbow really look anything like a traditioal bow to you. :)

What you are saying already happened 

Horton-Storm-RDX-2.jpg

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

So you shoot your crossbow the same as a traditional bow ?

You don't 

And that is why it is not true archery. 

You are using word play technicality just because it has a limb and a string to get into a season that was made for people that wanted to learn the art and skill of archery. 

(Not gun shooting )

So may as well use the airbow to .  We can glue limbs and a string on that to and do the same .

It Is not logical to let one slide in and not the other .

That is why Crosman develop that thing in the first place for  crossbow people .

May as well take advantage of that too. Once you buy one you will change your mind . :)

Dude, listen, the definition of archery has been posted, and its not debatable. Your attempts to do so are nothing but childish nonsense.

If you glue limbs and a string to it, its still not a bow, as the arrow is fired pneumatically. Thats just a stupid statement.

Until you show me where you worked at Crosman, and helped develop the product, your reasoning behind why they developed it are nothing more than a guess.

Bow season was not created for people to learn archery, you do that with targets before you go hunting. It was created to allow time for people to hunt with weapons that need different conditions to be successful than what firearms season provides. Whether you like it or not, a crossbow is a type of archery equipment. I didnt make it up, its a fact.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Airbow will be next 

You are freaking clueless. If politics werent in the way, the DEC would have had crossbows fully included into archery season a decade ago. The only reason politics got crossbows into the season currently, is because thats how the system works at this point.