atv implements

so i have been doing some research and hope to up-grade my food plot tools... Was checking out Black Boar implements ..U got to buy the special attachment for your atv then buy what ever tools cultipacker plow etc... anyone have any history or use the blck boar brand

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Some construction critisism. The problem with their disc: it throws the soil out but doesn't bring it back. Need another gang on the back in reverse order to the front.

Just watched a Camco rep. put the disc together on Youtube.

It looks like it has a 2" receiver tube on the disc that goes all the way to the rear of the framing. Probably wouldnt be too hard to add another gang behind it.

Opps, I was looking at the wrong one. So if you look up the Impact Implements disc, thats the one that has the receiver tube on it. I wonder if you could buy that, and hook it up to the Black Boar lift, behind the Black Boar disc blades that go on the bars.

don't plan on using the disc I had better luck using an old spring harrow last year. So i think im going with the chisel plow and      S-tines,,,,then the cultipactor also... At least thats what i think i will start with, I have some rocky ground and  the disc I used last year didnt do much but the spring harrow would rip the bigger rocks right up and turn the soil pretty good,,, So I figure a few passes with the chisel plow then finish it with S-tines

3 hours ago, land 1 said:

so i have been doing some research and hope to up-grade my food plot tools... Was checking out Black Boar implements ..U got to buy the special attachment for your atv then buy what ever tools cultipacker plow etc... anyone have any history or use the blck boar brand

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Whoa! That looks really sweet! Ill be following this thread, because that might be just what Im looking for!

I don't know if I would be hooking something like that to the hitch. I have seen what that ground hog can do to an atv it isn't pretty. I would look into the UTV hitchworks 3 point setup before one of these. 

http://utvhitchworks.com/ 

2 hours ago, chas0218 said:

I don't know if I would be hooking something like that to the hitch. I have seen what that ground hog can do to an atv it isn't pretty. I would look into the UTV hitchworks 3 point setup before one of these. 

went to that site looks like there attachement is for side by sides only at least thats all they showed going them on and yeah you might  damage the hitch area on the atv but a qiuck weld job should fix it

3 hours ago, chas0218 said:

Looks nice, but they dont make one for my UTV

4 hours ago, chas0218 said:

I tried the farmboy last year with a disc on my Kubota RTV900. It broke within the first hour. Fortunately, I bought it through Northern Tool and they accepted the return. Maybe I just was pushing it too hard with the weight of the disc I had, and it would be OK with a smaller one. I don't know. It was the same size/type of disc they show on their youtube video. This year, I am going to look for a regular tractor with a three point hitch. 

IMG_20170905_103238.jpg

IMG_20170905_103209.jpg

14 hours ago, goosifer said:

I tried the farmboy last year with a disc on my Kubota RTV900. It broke within the first hour. Fortunately, I bought it through Northern Tool and they accepted the return. Maybe I just was pushing it too hard with the weight of the disc I had, and it would be OK with a smaller one. I don't know. It was the same size/type of disc they show on their youtube video. This year, I am going to look for a regular tractor with a three point hitch. 

IMG_20170905_103238.jpg

IMG_20170905_103209.jpg

Well, it probably would be alot better if they wouldnt weld it on that way. Thats alot of stress on some welds with no gussets or anything. You would think they would have notched it into the other bar, then added gussets over the seams for added strength. Chincy design and manufacturing. Also, that weld is garbage. Id bet my 13 year old daughter that has never welded anything could do better. Looks like it had zero penetration into either of the pieces they were welding together.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Well, it probably would be alot better if they wouldnt weld it on that way. Thats alot of stress on some welds with no gussets or anything. You would think they would have notched it into the other bar, then added gussets over the seams for added strength. Chincy design and manufacturing.

I was thinking the same thing, The welds don't even look like they penetrated the metal. 

14 hours ago, goosifer said:

IMG_20170905_103238.jpg

IMG_20170905_103209.jpg

That welding looks horrible, was it the frame that went into the receiver only? I saw some that the hitch frame actually bolts to the UTV frame. I was thinking I would rather go that route being more points of contact and less stress on the hitch.

• Like 1

It has three points of attachment, the receiver and then two metal turnbuckles that attach to the frame under the bed. One thing I remembered, in full disclosure, is that my Kubota is an older one that came with a 1-1/4' hitch receiver. The newer ones come with a 2". But unless the construction and welding is different on a 2" version, I don't think it matters.

2 hours ago, goosifer said:

It has three points of attachment, the receiver and then two metal turnbuckles that attach to the frame under the bed. One thing I remembered, in full disclosure, is that my Kubota is an older one that came with a 1-1/4' hitch receiver. The newer ones come with a 2". But unless the construction and welding is different on a 2" version, I don't think it matters.

Gotcha, yeah looks like there was no penetration in the weld. Not saying that still wouldn't have broke but it probably would have held up a little longer. Like mentioned before I think a few gussets would have made a world of difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...