WTB Temporary Handicap Ramp

Taking a long shot here but I’m looking for a temporary handicap ramp for a family member. Right now I’m just planning on building one out of 2x’s and plywood but if someone has one and wants to sell it let me know. Probably needs to be close to 20’ long

I’m in WNY just outside of Buffalo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

every once in a while I see one on craigslist in the free section. For example, this one is still live https://buffalo.craigslist.org/zip/d/free-wood-wheelchair-ramp/6547454149.html

I have also seen companies that rent or sell metal ones. If you are handy and can build a deck, the home improvement stores are starting to push their deck boards for summer. You just need to follow the guidelines for slope, max length of a run, min width, etc. You may need a permit. If it is built unattached to the house, I think you don't need a permit. You can use the trapezoid shaped concrete deck support blocks instead of sinking posts into the ground. I can dig up more info on the guidelines if you want. What is your nearest major town/county?

• 2 weeks later...

There is a place in Kenmore (I think) that rents with option to buy. I know my dad got a stair lift for 50-75/mo and after 6mo he owned it. It was used but in perfect shape. I'll assume they do the same thing with ramps. Ill ask him what the name of the place...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. We got something worked up and now fortunately she can bear weight on her legs so getting around is a lot easier. Mods if you can lock/delete this that would be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk