Bionic

Campfire at home?

Recommended Posts

Does anyone else have a campfire pit at home?

Whether it's store bought, or a rock pile surround...

I love having a campfire at home,  and use it as my BBQ grille.   I have a ton of bears here, so I do not leave an actual propane grille outdoors.  

I am looking forward for the upcoming weeks of getting back to sitting around the campfire, here and there. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tractor rim, cook on it all year.

Propane is not grilling.

  • Like 3

Give it a name, apply human sentiment, and its no longer a wild animal its a Disney character.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Tractor rim, cook on it all year.

Propane is not grilling.

Love it! You share my thoughts.  I lay off this time of year honestly,  due to how dry the woods is, very dense pines, and my home is closely surounded by woods.  Waiting for a little humidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always had a place for a campfire at home.When the weather is nice, we have a few get togethers, by the fire. Some nights, I'll just sit out there by myself, with a beer and look at the stars.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I thoroughly enjoy our campfires.  We're got a metal ring with an adjustable hight grate that overhangs the pit. I place pavers around the ring to dress it up.  Don't remember where I got it, but it weighs about 75#.  Had it for yrs. 

Our house is on the market, and I didn't want to list it with it with it in place, so I dismantled it and it will be going to our new house.  I miss having it bad. To help get our campfire fix, we bought a used chiminea.  It's not the same, but it's a campfire. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, grampy said:

I've always had a place for a campfire at home.When the weather is nice, we have a few get togethers, by the fire. Some nights, I'll just sit out there by myself, with a beer and look at the stars.

Awesome, I love it!

I hope this turns into a thread where, where ever us members are, with a campfire, we post a pic.

Nothing extravagant,  but crab cakes on the fire at our campsite in northern Maine,  this past summer.  It was a lot of fun.

20170829_175618.jpg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mowin said:

My wife and I thoroughly enjoy our campfires.  We're got a metal ring with an adjustable hight grate that overhangs the pit. I place pavers around the ring to dress it up.  Don't remember where I got it, but it weighs about 75#.  Had it for yrs. 

Our house is on the market, and I didn't want to list it with it with it in place, so I dismantled it and it will be going to our new house.  I miss having it bad. To help get our campfire fix, we bought a used chiminea.  It's not the same, but it's a campfire. 

Good luck with the sale, and good luck on finding the right new home.  I feel your pain, but love how you are relocating your special fire setup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got one of these last year, it’s pretty sweet. I can toss charcoal on the grate or cook over the fire then move it out of the way for the rest of the night. 

44A0F058-66DD-4BF2-B36B-A9526C8CA9D2.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

I got one of these last year, it’s pretty sweet. I can toss charcoal on the grate or cook over the fire then move it out of the way for the rest of the night. 

44A0F058-66DD-4BF2-B36B-A9526C8CA9D2.png

Next time you use it, take a pic.  May sound stupid, but its its something I like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My girlfriend,  and my Dad are going to our camp upstate this weekend.   If we have a fire, I will post pics.  We are building a small addition on, so we are very busy building.   I will take a pic even if its not in use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Awesome, I love it!

I hope this turns into a thread where, whatever us members are, with a campfire, we post a pic.

Nothing extravagant,  but crab cakes on the fire at our campsite in northern Maine,  this past summer.  It was a lot of fun.

20170829_175618.jpg

Where in northern Maine? Been through most of Maine snowmobiling yrs back. Have two buddies that live in Maine. One in Bangor, the other in Holden. Go to West grand lake every Feb for a ice fishing trip with them. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

How bout these from last year lol. 

57E7171C-05FF-4EEA-956B-3428495084C1.jpeg

0E1A7AC9-FA7B-427D-A778-7C1B2C53A72A.jpeg

I like it.  Its cool to see, who uses what.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I like it.  Its cool to see, who uses what.  

You can see the old set up in back of it, it got used until the brick broke down. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mowin said:

Where in northern Maine? Been through most of Maine snowmobiling yrs back. Have two buddies that live in Maine. Only in Bangor, the other in Holden. Go to West grand lake every Feb for a ice fishing trip with them. 

That pic was taken in Lily Bay State Park, on the shore of Moosehead Lake, way up in Maine.   It is my dream for retirement,  and it is simply a special place, I think about daily. Pic from the campsite shore, at sunset.

20170830_184043.jpg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

How bout these from last year lol. 

57E7171C-05FF-4EEA-956B-3428495084C1.jpeg

0E1A7AC9-FA7B-427D-A778-7C1B2C53A72A.jpeg

I like that setup.  Why?  I'll tell you.  Our dogs will inevitably want attention, and stand in front of me with there tail oner the fire... Yep. Burning dog hair stinks bad.  Lol.   

 

With the large ring around the outside, yours would help prevent that.

Disclaimer: No dogs were harmed in this incident.... 

Edited by mowin
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have one. Fire pit set in the ground. I want to get some sand to drop in it to bring it up a bit for better air flow. We use it a few times a year. It's nice to sit out there with a beer or two, and maybe a nice cigar in the evenings.

I have posted a couple pics of it in the past. As soon as my yard isn't a spongy swamp I have to get out there and burn off the leaves that fell in it. I dump excess charcoal from grills and the charcoal smoker in there.

I don't cook on it though. The biggest reason is we camp often, and cooking over the campfire/coals has a special meaning to me and my cooking. I would loose that if I cooked over coals all the time. It wouldn't be the same if you have that flavor all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bionic said:

That pic was taken in Lily Bay State Park, on the shore of Mposehead Lake, way up in Maine.   It is my dream for retirement,  and it is simply a special place, I think about daily. Pic from the campsite shore, at sunset.

20170830_184043.jpg

Taken a sled accros that lake many times.  

Beautiful picture.   This was taken out of the cabin window on West grand lake.

IMG_20160306_054431179_HDR.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mowin said:

Taken a sled accros that lake many times.  

Beautiful picture.   This was taken out of the cabin window on West grand lake.

IMG_20160306_054431179_HDR.jpg

I like it!

Really looking forward for August, to get back up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I like it!

Really looking forward for August, to get back up there.

Same sunrise, but from the edge of the lake.  Buddy owns a about a 1/2 acre island on the back side of the lake. It's quite rustic, but I absolutely love it there. 

IMG_20160306_054935520_HDR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mowin said:

Same sunrise, but from the edge of the lake.  Buddy owns a about a 1/2 acre island on the back side of the lake. It's quite rustic, but I absolutely love it there. 

IMG_20160306_054935520_HDR.jpg

The more rustic the better! Thats what it is all about to me.  Good for you guys.  Special place northern Maine is as far as I am concerned. 

I get depressed when I am up there lol, thinking about how I have to leave,  and come back to this crap state.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bionic said:

The more rustic the better! Thats what it 8s all about to me.  Good for you guys.  Special place northern Maine is as far as I am concerned. 

I get depressed when I am up there lol, thinking about how I have to leave,  and come back to this crap state.

I can't wait to get out of NY.  Wife has 7 yrs to retirement.  As much as I love Maine, were headed south.  Don't want the cold. Not too say we won't visit. Lol. 

August might sound far away, but it is something to look forward to.  Enjoy your time on moosehead.  Definitely a special place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mowin said:

I can't wait to get out of NY.  Wife has 7 yrs to retirement.  As much as I love Maine, were headed south.  Don't want the cold. Not too say we won't visit. Lol. 

August might sound far away, but it is something to look forward to.  Enjoy your time on moosehead.  Definitely a special place. 

I never wish life away, but good for you. I have 23 yrs left for retirement, lol.  However, depending on families health,  I will stay.  I would leave NOW, if I wasn't so close with my family.  Family first.  I want to move to Kokadjo,  Maine.  I work in the snow now, I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with snow, but feel if I moved up to Maine it will only be easier IF I have the right equipment for snow removal, or hired help once I am too old.  

I agree, its basically May already, winter will be back before we know it,  with how long this chilly weather is lasting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bionic said:

That pic was taken in Lily Bay State Park, on the shore of Moosehead Lake, way up in Maine.   It is my dream for retirement,  and it is simply a special place, I think about daily. Pic from the campsite shore, at sunset.

20170830_184043.jpg

Did you get in on the ice out contest? I didn’t but I figured it could be late May early June. Lol 

I’m switching careers to one that is more in need up there in case we are ready to move in the next 20 years. 

CDL here I come

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Did you get in on the ice out contest? I didn’t but I figured it could be late May early June. Lol 

I’m switching careers to one that is more in need up there in case we are ready to move in the next 20 years. 

CDL here I come

No, I didnt lol

CDL for log hauling huh? Love it.

I want to follow moose around forever for like Discovery TV shows, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.