Woodchuck Head Shot In NJ Over The Weekend!

TheFieldArcher

How about you speak for yourself and not the entire forum.  :)

Also, do you use trail cams, scents, food plots or calls to harvest your deer? Some would say you are not hunting fair if you do. If its legal, theres no reason to give the guy crap for it. If he was baiting illegally, then he would be poaching, but he wasnt.

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  Sorry for insulting your girlfriend there.  You thought the face paint was clever and intimidating?

Hey, just asking about the baiting.  Did I say anything negative about it?  I realize that there are plenty of "hunters" out there that like the deer to walk in 30 minutes, on the dot, after they get into their stand so they can pick one out and shoot it.  I also realize that they don't know how to actually find the deer, which of course, isn't their fault.  Did I put it down?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with that.  If you shot it, you must do something constructive with it.  eat em, or mount em, or have a good reason to shoot it.  Coyotes, pigs, and rats are an exception to that rule.

The video was very skillful.  your skills are fine.  I'd go target shooting paper, rather than wood chucks.

(flame suit on)

Blur I fully agree with you, my rule is if you shoot it you eat it no exceptions. Or let it pass and just enjoy the wild life. Hunting to me means you hunt to eat not to kill something and leave it in the woods to rot that's how hunters get a bad name.

Dave

Predators and scavengers have to eat too. Nothing that dies in the woods goes to waste. Going out and killing game animals for no reason is one thing, but shooting vermin is another. You say you agree that coyotes, pigs and rats should be left to rot, but not woodchucks? Sounds like a bunch of contradiction to me.

Let me make it perfectly clear to you I don't believe in shooting anything even coyote or pigs and rat's etc. Just to kill them for the sport of just killing something. To me that is not what hunters do, may be you are ok with this type of conduct but i am not.  So this is not a contradiction to me, I thought we were to support ethical hunting? Do you think this is ethical? Yes animals do die in the woods and mother nature takes care of that in her own way she needs no help from us just killing wildlife no matter what type it is to help her along.

Dave

Maybe you should have made that perfectly clear before you quoted him saying "Coyotes, pigs, and rats are an exception to that rule." and then said you "fully agree".  :)

I dont have a problem with letting chucks and other vermin lie. Perfectly ethical to me. Game animals though, nope, thats illegal to do, so it is not ethical and I do have a problem with it.

How about you speak for yourself and not the entire forum.  :(

Also, do you use trail cams, scents, food plots or calls to harvest your deer? Some would say you are not hunting fair if you do. If its legal, theres no reason to give the guy crap for it. If he was baiting illegally, then he would be poaching, but he wasnt.

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  Sorry for insulting your girlfriend there.  You thought the face paint was clever and intimidating?

Hey, just asking about the baiting.  Did I say anything negative about it?  I realize that there are plenty of "hunters" out there that like the deer to walk in 30 minutes, on the dot, after they get into their stand so they can pick one out and shoot it.  I also realize that they don't know how to actually find the deer, which of course, isn't their fault.  Did I put it down?

I woke up perfectly fine there pal. FYI, I dont give a rats patoot about the video, but you shouldnt be trying to dictate what can and cant be posted on the forum. There are plenty of people here that didnt have an issue about it.

Your tone on the baiting was a put down, dont try to back-peddle.  :)

Of course I was putting it down!  Was also putting it down in my sarcastic reply, which you obviously didn't pick up on.  No back-peddle here.  No doubt I was putting it down!  :(

Why did you hijack this post anyway?  It was supposed to be about a guy who made a lame video of himself and expected tons of praise and accolades.

Of course I was putting it down!  Was also putting it down in my sarcastic reply, which you obviously didn't pick up on.  No back-peddle here.  No doubt I was putting it down!  :P

Why did you hijack this post anyway?  It was supposed to be about a guy who made a lame video of himself and expected tons of praise and accolades.

I didnt hijack anything, you were the one that decided to start the negative BS and insults in the thread. Dont get your panties in a bunch when you get called out for it.  :(

I disagree with that.  If you shot it, you must do something constructive with it.  eat em, or mount em, or have a good reason to shoot it.  Coyotes, pigs, and rats are an exception to that rule.

The video was very skillful.  your skills are fine.  I'd go target shooting paper, rather than wood chucks.

(flame suit on)

Blur I fully agree with you, my rule is if you shoot it you eat it no exceptions. Or let it pass and just enjoy the wild life. Hunting to me means you hunt to eat not to kill something and leave it in the woods to rot that's how hunters get a bad name.

Dave

Predators and scavengers have to eat too. Nothing that dies in the woods goes to waste. Going out and killing game animals for no reason is one thing, but shooting vermin is another. You say you agree that coyotes, pigs and rats should be left to rot, but not woodchucks? Sounds like a bunch of contradiction to me.

Let me make it perfectly clear to you I don't believe in shooting anything even coyote or pigs and rat's etc. Just to kill them for the sport of just killing something. To me that is not what hunters do, may be you are ok with this type of conduct but i am not.  So this is not a contradiction to me, I thought we were to support ethical hunting? Do you think this is ethical? Yes animals do die in the woods and mother nature takes care of that in her own way she needs no help from us just killing wildlife no matter what type it is to help her along.

Dave

Maybe you should have made that perfectly clear before you quoted him saying "Coyotes, pigs, and rats are an exception to that rule." and then said you "fully agree".  :)

I dont have a problem with letting chucks and other vermin lie. Perfectly ethical to me. Game animals though, nope, thats illegal to do, so it is not ethical and I do have a problem with it.

You are right I should have made myself clearer with my answer. I was agreeing with the premise. Of not killing something and letting them lie dead in the woods or fields. Just because it is not protected by no means does it make it ethical to kill them. I am surprised that a moderator if this site can't see that. Just giving fuel to the anti hunters to come at us. By the way I have heard that chuck is real tasty though I have never tasted one. Giving praise for someone taking head short at chucks and leaving them to rot is not praise worthy. Not a good spokesman for hunting in my opinion.

Dave

Dave

I didnt hijack anything, you were the one that decided to start the negative BS and insults in the thread. Dont get your panties in a bunch when you get called out for it.  :)

Wow, you're lame!  Called out for what?  Don't you think I know (and everybody else who read my post knows) what I did and said?  Like you exposed my big secret of being insulting that I was so trying to keep hidden.  Really?

You're way out of your league here junior.  At least 3 steps behind me.

Time to  shut it down, son.

Once again Field Archer:

Dude, cool it with the theatrics.  Ultimate Warrior type face painting?  Keep your vids. for the NJ crowd.  Post it on newjerseyhunter.com instead of here.  That forum is full of numbskulls who will post 5 seperate things on a fart they just blew.

Also, did you shoot it over bait as well, just like all your deer?

LOL!  This is actually a funny thread, and I didn't bother to even look at it until now.  I definitely agree with the going overboard on the theatrics and face paint.  Maybe Mike Tyson would be good at stalking groundhogs with a crossbow with that tattoo he has on his face?? LOL  And I'm sure he would eat it after he killed it.  Well, at least take a bite out of its ear.  LOL

Dude, cool it with the theatrics.  Ultimate Warrior type face painting?  Keep your vids. for the NJ crowd.  Post it on newjerseyhunter.com instead of here.  That forum is full of numbskulls who will post 5 seperate things on a fart they just blew.

Worth repeating - both for the "not speaking for the entire forum" and the complete ignoring of WNY's questions. But then again, it is far easier to just post insults and think you are winning something.

Worth repeating - both for the "not speaking for the entire forum" and the complete ignoring of WNY's questions. But then again, it is far easier to just post insults and think you are winning something.

Steve adding fuel to the fire helps nothing. It's about the thread not starting trouble.

Dave

Once again Field Archer:

Guy's have said that watching my videos and especially the winter bow videos have inspired them to get out more and they had success... mission accomplished! I try to make it look like fun, geared towards the newer/younger hunters to get out more and enjoy the outdoors. And I don't care what state a hunter is from, your brother is your brother! Jersey just recently allowed baiting, I have plenty of bow kills on the wall that were not taken over bait, including a 15 point non-typical w/drop tine(from Jersey) so really, no big deal, you would probably find something negative about that too... I have been to other states, something wrong with that too in your book... luckily not in Texas over bait or you would have all kinds of negative feedback on that! :( 

in today's world it's all about presentation - would you want this posted as an advertisement for hunting ?

Spot on. Is this the picture we want to portray to the public. As ethical hunters.

Dave

in today's world it's all about presentation - would you want this posted as an advertisement for hunting ?

Good question, but the truth is that many hunters would have absolutely NO problem with it.  They would even want Ted "the nuge" Nugent to do the voice over to it.  LOL

Once again Field Archer:

Guy's have said that watching my videos and especially the winter bow videos have inspired them to get out more and they had success... mission accomplished! I try to make it look like fun, geared towards the newer/younger hunters to get out more and enjoy the outdoors. And I don't care what state a hunter is from, your brother is your brother! Jersey just recently allowed baiting, I have plenty of bow kills on the wall that were not taken over bait, including a 15 point non-typical w/drop tine(from Jersey) so really, no big deal, you would probably find something negative about that too... I have been to other states, something wrong with that too in your book... luckily not in Texas over bait or you would have all kinds of negative feedback on that! :(

Archer that's fine you can hunt ethical when deer hunting but your post wasn't about deer hunting,  the issue shooting chucks and leaving them to rot in the woods, you think that's an ethical way to practice for deer hunting. You have to present a better case than that, not the image we want the public to have about hunting.

Dave

Its more like "Varmint Shooting" then hunting...If we call it that, maybe everyone will feel better about it. ::(

They shoot prairie dogs out west by the hundreds at a time. No problem with Varmint Shooting at all. You can watch videos of Prairie Dogs exploding all day on the internet.

Good question, but the truth is that many hunters would have absolutely NO problem with it.  They would even want Ted "the nuge" Nugent to do the voice over to it.  LOL

I don't agree.

Amen!

Spend some of that free time you obviously have to look for a girlfriend, my man!

If that is for me, I am married and I have a 18 and 14 year old boys.

Advertisement??? Really, this is a HUNTING forum and a hunter shares a hunt and why so much hate?

Hey, what is wrong with this video? we ate it too! She was good, you can't eat the antlers!

I don't agree.

Well, there are plenty of "the nuge" fans out there, aren't there??  They don't mind his in-your-face type persona representing hunters, so why would you think there weren't hunters out there who liked showing off and glorifying the "kill" above everything else hunting is supposed to be and stand for?

I think so, nice quick kill... lights out!

haha....You're 45 years old guy!

Your youtube page contains the creepiest videos ever made.  I am waiting for the one where you are hiding behind one of those big post office mailboxes on the street corner, peering around it at a bunch of children getting off the schoolbus (full Ultimate Warrior makeup, of course).  Then a slow-mo from the rear of you walking up to a little boy that fell behind the rest of the group to tie his shoe.  Your arm reaching out, then a fade to black.

Or do you already have this video made and just not posted...........Hmm, I wonder.......