2018 Baseball Thread

grampy

Don't mean nothin till they win the WS. And they might. Then again, might not. Just gotta see how it all plays out.

Wrong. First step is We need to win division first to avoid wildcard. These games are massive. We have 3 against Braves, Astros, Indians, 6 vs Yanks. These are very important games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Lots of baseball yet to play.  Lots of different ways thing could play out. Pretty safe to say, the Sox have the AL east well in hand. They've played a heck of a season, and deserve it!

Not over till it’s over. We’ve had quite a few comeback wins recently or the lead could be only 5-6 games. The sooner we clinch the better In my mind so we can figure out what to do with Sale and Price. Looks like Price will try Friday

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wrong. First step is We need to win division first to avoid wildcard. These games are massive. We have 3 against Braves, Astros, Indians, 6 vs Yanks. These are very important games.

If they don’t go to WS it would be a shock considering the regular season they’ve had.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:35 PM, grampy said:

This Yankees team has no spark or drive at all. Not going anywhere.  To lose 2 out of 3 to TB at home, this time of year, is not good. Pitching is down the toilet. Yet Boone continues to paint a rosy picture. I don't want to look at his picture any more this year. They will be lucky, to even get the chance, to lose a one game wildcard. 

I still stand by this statement!

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 10:35 PM, grampy said:

This Yankees team has no spark or drive at all. Not going anywhere.  To lose 2 out of 3 to TB at home, this time of year, is not good. Pitching is down the toilet. Yet Boone continues to paint a rosy picture. I don't want to look at his picture any more this year. They will be lucky, to even get the chance, to lose a one game wildcard. 

I still stand by this statement!

If they don’t go to WS it would be a shock considering the regular season they’ve had.

I disagree. We need to be healthy first. We aren’t going to win playoff games with Brian Johnson and Hector Velasquez getting starts

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I disagree. We need to be healthy first. We aren’t going to win playoff games with Brian Johnson and Hector Velasquez getting starts

They are healthy you really think that they are going to beat up their stars when the season is basically over. The NBA does it all the time now baseball is getting wise to it. Watch just mysteriously you’ll see guys trickle back into the lineup closer to October 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sodfather said:

They are healthy you really think that they are going to beat up their stars when the season is basically over. The NBA does it all the time now baseball is getting wise to it. Watch just mysteriously you’ll see guys trickle back into the lineup closer to October 

Chris Sale has had 2 DL stints.  He went on the DL before  the big Sox/Yanks series.  He didn't do that to "rest".  Heck, that was a month ago.

David Price was "mysteriously" drilled on the wrist/arm with a line drive, so he skipped his last start.  He's not resting either.  

Erod just came back from a serious ankle sprain that he got in a collision at 1st base.  He wasn't resting on the DL either.  The team wasn't sure if he would pitch again this season.  

I get what you're saying, but I really don't think it's anything as tricky as stashing guys on the DL to prepare for the postseason.  I'm pretty sure the starting pitchers would rather make their starts every 5th day, maybe with an extra days rest here or there.  

• Like 1

Chris Sale has had 2 DL stints.  He went on the DL before  the big Sox/Yanks series.  He didn't do that to "rest".  Heck, that was a month ago.
David Price was "mysteriously" drilled on the wrist/arm with a line drive, so he skipped his last start.  He's not resting either.  
Erod just came back from a serious ankle sprain that he got in a collision at 1st base.  He wasn't resting on the DL either.  The team wasn't sure if he would pitch again this season.  
I get what you're saying, but I really don't think it's anything as tricky as stashing guys on the DL to prepare for the postseason.  I'm pretty sure the starting pitchers would rather make their starts every 5th day, maybe with an extra days rest here or there.  

What was mysterious about Price getting drilled on the arm. It’s on TV not faked like the lunar landing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

What was mysterious about Price getting drilled on the arm. It’s on TV not faked like the lunar landing

I was replying to Sod's belief that guys were "mysteriously" getting healthy and coming off the DL.  So, your point was kind of my point.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Is it considered cheating to use the 10 day DL to rest a pitcher? It lets you bring up someone else, seems like a pretty shrewd tactic

It is,  but you could never prove it with a pitcher.  Their arm and shoulder are always "injured" to some extent because of the stress they put on their body. 

• Like 1