2018 Baseball Thread

grampy

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Brian Johnson 11K who would have thunk it.

I’ve said it all season, Yanks starting pitching is a serious issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11K and 11.00 ERA lol.  a stinker for sure but didnt smell as bad as the yanks.  Yeah pitching is def an issue.  Esp when your ace is getting hit all over too.  MLB guys can hit a 100 MPH fastball if its straight as an arrow in the zone.  Severino needs to get some command and movement on that soon. And to keep trotting out Sonny Gray etc... Playoffs are always about pitching - If Sale is hurt and Severino is throwing taters both teams are gonna have to rely on out scoring the other.  I would trade Stanton in a minute for a Scherzer !   

26 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

11K and 11.00 ERA lol.  a stinker for sure but didnt smell as bad as the yanks.  Yeah pitching is def an issue.  Esp when your ace is getting hit all over too.  MLB guys can hit a 100 MPH fastball if its straight as an arrow in the zone.  Severino needs to get some command and movement on that soon. And to keep trotting out Sonny Gray etc... Playoffs are always about pitching - If Sale is hurt and Severino is throwing taters both teams are gonna have to rely on out scoring the other.  I would trade Stanton in a minute for a Scherzer !   

4 runs over 5 innings isn't so bad for a spot starter.  He wouldn't even be in the rotation if Sale, Erod and Wright weren't all on the DL.  They didn't even have to trade 3 prospects for him!

• Like 1

Sale is back next week. I’m not sure he’s hurt or just resting. Hope E Rodriguez comes back too before season. I’m more than happy to go into playoffs with a choice of Sale, Porcello, E Rod, Price, Pomeranz, Eovaldi

Yanks play very sloppy/lazy. They need a leader to step up and straighten them out.

• Like 2

Sale is back next week. I’m not sure he’s hurt or just resting. Hope E Rodriguez comes back too before season. I’m more than happy to go into playoffs with a choice of Sale, Porcello, E Rod, Price, Pomeranz, Eovaldi

Yanks play very sloppy/lazy. They need a leader to step up and straighten them out.

Not slamming Boone after last night but I often had the thought that he may not have the right chops to turn this bunch around if/when things go wrong. Seems meek. That 8 run inning last night was remarkable- pointed out many of what Biz said above.
Only consolation in last nights loss is that Biz’s prediction was wrong-shocking right? He’s usually spot on (like the weatherman) with predictions of baseball and hunt outcomes!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Only consolation in last nights loss is that Biz’s prediction was wrong-shocking right? He’s usually spot on (like the weatherman) with predictions of baseball and hunt outcomes!!!

LOL!!  If you convert his predictions to a batting average, he's hitting around .189.  LOL

• Haha 1

LOL!!  If you convert his predictions to a batting average, he's hitting around .189.  LOL

No way. I called the last series between sox yanks completely right. Last night should have been Yanks game. 4-0 and Johnson on the ropes. Idk what happened but I’m not complaining.

It's true.  He's like Gary Sanchez.  Batting .188 for the year, but when he does connect he does damage!

Don’t ever put my name and Gary Sanchez in the same sentence. We are world’s apart in every aspect of life. He’s a fat lazy loser.

Not slamming Boone after last night but I often had the thought that he may not have the right chops to turn this bunch around if/when things go wrong. Seems meek. That 8 run inning last night was remarkable- pointed out many of what Biz said above.

I called my first shed! I should have done the daily Sanchez under .225 post. It would still be going

I wouldn't say his fat.

He definitely is. He’s pudgier than Devers!

On a serious note, I love this Red Sox team. Such a fun team to watch

I was reading some interesting stats on Betts/JD vs Manny/Ortiz in 04 and they are right there.

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Don’t ever put my name and Gary Sanchez in the same sentence. We are world’s apart in every aspect of life. He’s a fat lazy loser.

I bet he gets paid more per pound than you, Biz!

I bet he gets paid more per pound than you, Biz!

Gary gets $620K and it says he’s 230lbs so that’s $2,695/lb. but I think he’s at least 240lb so that means only $2,583/lb.

I’m 170lbs and do not make $440K, so Gary is the winner.

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Gary gets $620K and it says he’s 230lbs so that’s $2,695/lb. but I think he’s at least 240lb so that means only $2,583/lb.

I’m 170lbs and do not make $440K, so Gary is the winner.

There you go.  Maybe now you can call him a "fat lazy winner"!  LOL