Toronto ideas requested

Otto

Wife and I have a 1 night Toronto "escape" this weekend. Booked the Hilton downtown already.

I've read some of you have been there recently.  Looking for a suggestions as to a very nice restaurant and/or pub-house for Friday , plus a suggestion of a day time excursion that will fill up part of the day Saturday.  Meeting someone at the airport at 4pm then headed back home. 

Thanks! 

Hockey hall of fame if that interests you (we've walked by dozens of times and never gone in) Old Spaghetti Factory- Niagara market or is it called st Lawrence market ?! (all 3 15 minute walk from conference center) is pretty nice(take a cooler if wanting to shop and bring stuff home) Can't bring citrus fruits across the border  But  game meats, vegetables ,wild game and seafood deluxe  .There's a good irish bar/restaurant on Spadina near the conference center Let me think and I'll post up more ideas. Cora’s on blue jay way absolutely for breakfast. We go numerous mornings when up there for a few days. As did ballet families for competition when up there upon our suggestion.  5 minute walk from conference center or cn tower. 

Edited by turkeyfeathers

I'm from there. It's a little tough to make a suggestion as there are so many great restaurants. Really depends on what neighbourhood you want to explore. 

On Saturday, I would definitely hit the St Lawrence market for Montreal bagels and peameal bacon sandwiches. 

The market is very cool. You can buy wild boar sliders , ostrich burgers , venison tenderloin, alligator etc. seafood is incredible. Take a cooler and ice. The tcbo beer / liquor store is right next door. Definitely get the pea meal bacon sammich. Andrew Zimmerman did a special at that market. Butter tarts are dang good too. 

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I’m only familiar with the B.B. stadium, and some strip clubs ........

Unless the Yankees are in town I am pretty sure there will be no interest on my wife's part.   As far as the strip clubs - I am even more sure there is no interest on her part! 

Too bad, TO strippers are as good as the butter tarts - sweet and a little sticky. 

This might not be your thing, but an hour or so wandering around Toronto Islands is pretty interesting. These are a quick ferry ride from St Lawrence Market and two of the islands (Wards and Algonquin) still have people living on them. The homes have always been controversial and the residents have been fighting the city and province to save their community for years. Last I heard they won. Cool place to live. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great one nighter!  Stayed at the Hilton Downtown.  For dinner we went to Ry’s Steakhouse, which was “spendy” but well worth it!! I have not had steak in quite a while.  We shared a Chatuerbriand served table side.  

The next morning we went to the St Lawrence market and had the Peameal Bacon sandwich.  AWESOME!  Then just browsed around, eating along the way.  Picked up a few new spices and cooking supplies too.  Quite the place. 

Also ended up at Eaton Center because it was raining out.   Had to be at the airport by 3 so it was a quick trip.  Will go back soon I hope.  

Thanks for the tips, meant to post this sooner. 

• Like 1