Fill the empty space in your trophy room

For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would want to own/ display anything that they didn't shoot themselves, though I understand the testosterone deprived executive types frequently are in the market for such to display in their offices, etc. to prove their worth...similar to bagged hunt sort of mindset.

22 hours ago, Daveboone said:

For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would want to own/ display anything that they didn't shoot themselves, though I understand the testosterone deprived executive types frequently are in the market for such to display in their offices, etc. to prove their worth...similar to bagged hunt sort of mindset.

Sure, just like the guys/gals that hunt deer FARMS..........why?

edit to add: I do understand restaurants and such using them for display. 

Edited by Lawdwaz

I just can't believe someone gave up all their mounts, some nice ones. I get it, you didn't shoot it, why would you buy it? A non hunting friend of mine bought three mounts from an estate-divorce sale, Lions Head, a full body mount Leopard that's almost as tall as I am, and a giant Anaconda skin, super cool, I would have the snake skin and the leopard in my house.

16 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

I just can't believe someone gave up all their mounts, some nice ones. 

Up to mid 2000's maybe 2004 or 5? you could donate mounts for a tax deduction for educational purposes and more than a few schools ended up with big donors giving mounts away setting up a room for the mounts. Now the rules are more strict re. taxes.

Who ever hunted these spent time in Central Africa most likely CAR or Cameroon. Many are mis labeled too; thats not a Sitatunga; Duikers as Bushbuck, the Bongo as a striped antelope(and ironic the most valuable of all those listed), last Duiker is a Yellow Backed and the largest of all the Duiker (similar to a whitetail in size)

Can't sell the CITIES cats across state lines and need a permit depending on state.

Mount value is not great vs cost; only for the memories. There are several companies that specialize in liquidating large trophy rooms 

• Like 1