3D PRINTED GUNS

7 hours ago, Papist said:

No way a 3d pistol can fire more than a couple of rounds safely. 3D rifles are a fantasy. The machines are expensive and the software licensing to run the CAD software to read the blueprints is even more expensive. Just get a Saturday night special

Yeah I heard they are single shot.

Well i finish 80% lowers regularly.  And can build a single shot shotgun from a few items at home depot if i wanted too. These are useless honestly and fail very easily. Also these files are everywhere and will never be able to be blocked completely. 

• Like 2

i think anyone putting something out there like this is just being an anarchist.  there's limited use for something like a 3D printed gun and none of it is really good.  i don't think you can prevent the information from getting out there but should just let it happen openly either.  it'd only take one shot. machines aren't expensive. i know somebody that literally bought one and prints all kinds of stuff including firearm grips now. CAD is expensive bought there's a shit ton of businesses out there that have it. hell i have it open on my desktop right now at work. our first line of defense in places like court rooms, certain buildings, events, theme parks, and schools is a metal detector.

Sorry to drift , but metal detectors at most of those locations are security theater. Each year ( this week end ) I go to PNC park, and each year I get my pocket knife inside , (I never bring my gun to Penn) . It’s easy and I’ve done it two ways .

Ive brought my gun inside two venues here , where they use hand wands, the first time I was caught by surprise and figured if they found it, I’d just go and put it in car . I put it in coat pocket on the far side of the guy and held my coat open wide, the wand went by my front pocket/ beltline and in I walked .

second time ankle holster, it’s all about not slowing the line down and they do a fast wand of pocket area only .

PNC park are walk through , but there is a slide on the outside where  you place phones, keys and so on ,on. They never even look at the slide and you place and grab your own stuff, again they move you along fast . Other times I place it inside a collaspable umbrella that goes in our bag. Bags don’t go through detectors and are hand searched, which is little more then a quick look. It’s all largely a joke.

Then if you want to shoot or blow up folks, you can do it outside where everyone is backed up at the detectors.

Court rooms airlines sure its tighter , except I guess last year when my daughter had to lighten her checked bag, so she pulled out her day pack and carried that on. Complete with her Spyderco Delica ( knife ) and a can of Sabre Red pepper spray ....... oh they did make her empty her water bottle !