Tractor Supply Bait for Deer

sits in trees

So far, I have not found it necessary to resort to baiting to get a deer. The fact that it's illegal or isn't doesn't change anything for me because I tend to hunt deer the way I find them. They are wild critters, and I like to keep it that way. I don't go out of my way to condition deer to make my hunting easier. If I want easier, I'll go to the supermarket and get some nicely marbled cuts of beef. That's easier! I suppose it all depends on why you are hunting in the first place. I'm not saying that I am judging those that are baiting or those that would like to. I'm just saying that it doesn't fit into my idea of what hunting has always been about .....For me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

So far, I have not found it necessary to resort to baiting to get a deer. The fact that it's illegal or isn't doesn't change anything for me because I tend to hunt deer the way I find them. They are wild critters, and I like to keep it that way. I don't go out of my way to condition deer to make my hunting easier. If I want easier, I'll go to the supermarket and get some nicely marbled cuts of beef. That's easier! I suppose it all depends on why you are hunting in the first place. I'm not saying that I am judging those that are baiting or those that would like to. I'm just saying that it doesn't fit into my idea of what hunting has always been about .....For me.

I agree 110%.