DEC NYS video of moose - neat!

Robhuntandfish

Moose River possible?  A bunch in the area, we actually try to avoid them, thankfully the rut is over when we go!  I thought the same thing Bionic but then how many places look similar?  Looks like area about 2 miles from where we camp at lost ponds just before you get to the crest of the hill area where the handicap camp site is located.   At least that's what I though being I have seen them in that location before.  Lucky for these 2 the big boy from Helldiver was not around, if he is still around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFA-ADK said:

Moose River possible?  A bunch in the area, we actually try to avoid them, thankfully the rut is over when we go!  I thought the same thing Bionic but then how many places look similar?  Looks like area about 2 miles from where we camp at lost ponds just before you get to the crest of the hill area where the handicap camp site is located.   At least that's what I though being I have seen them in that location before.  Lucky for these 2 the big boy from Helldiver was not around, if he is still around. 

Nice places to be.  I've hiked into both of those.  Many years ago now.  I've never seen a moose there though. 

I used to fish the streams near there. Caught some nice trout in Sumner and Red.   

I fished those ponds off shore, but seams you really need to pack in a boat.