Bionic

Bionic's 3 handed adventures.

Recommended Posts

Just now, rob-c said:

Is this ^^^ at the cabin ? 

It’s behind my home cabin.  Its here behind my house about 500’ back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bionic said:

It’s behind my home cabin.  Its here behind my house about 500’ back

Oh wow got ya, yep time to get into predator hunting . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rob-c said:

Oh wow got ya, yep time to get into predator hunting . 

Apparently theres a second deer, a few hundred feet further out.  Landowner who I have permission from says she watched it drown...I don’t believe much she says honestly.  I did take this pic though.  The landowner does not want coyotes killed though, but each time a deer like this pops up, she says its a poacher with a bow, since no gun shots were heard.  I appreciate being allowed to hunt this behind my home, but sometimes her worries/assumptions are just out there.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I started cutting a few trails for my quad around the property.  I cut my way through, dragged out the saplings, and wood, and burned everything as I went.  Only made it about 150’ but it was nice to get this going, it has been on my “want to do” list for a while now.

 

0793D38E-C3E3-495B-A097-C41B4EF2C202.jpeg

196FC95D-BAC1-4621-B7C4-8F1760550400.jpeg

BCFA9F1C-3CD1-4CB4-A88E-B163457BDC05.jpeg

884BA23F-3BF3-4CB8-A153-077DD3087EA9.jpeg

5366D78A-A843-433A-BFF1-87F0D10FDCCD.jpeg

E85D8D15-0353-4B60-A524-FC5411EB64C6.jpeg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Nice to see you getting out and accomplishing some things but you might want to think about advertising as much:

 

DEC website...campfires less than 3 feet in height, etc are allowed.  The fire i had is well within.  

5D217D62-4DD1-4B79-A4FF-48743FF58037.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bionic said:

campfires less than 3 feet

The key word is "campfire" The only reason I brought it up is because I had a friend that was doing the same thing and someone blew him in.  A sheriff (not DEC) showed up, issued a ticket and he paid a pretty good fine.  The cop said open brush burning didn't meet the definition of "campfire" and the judge agreed.

I could care less...just trying to give you a heads up just in case. Some people see smoke and jump right on the phone. Wouldn't want to see anyone get a unwanted visit for something so innocent.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steve D said:

The key word is "campfire" The only reason I brought it up is because I had a friend that was doing the same thing and someone blew him in.  A sheriff (not DEC) showed up, issued a ticket and he paid a pretty good fine.  The cop said open brush burning didn't meet the definition of "campfire" and the judge agreed.

I could care less...just trying to give you a heads up just in case. Some people see smoke and jump right on the phone. Wouldn't want to see anyone get a unwanted visit for something so innocent.

I hear you Steve, I do appreciate it, I hope I did not come across as being a...you know...

fortunately, we are in a good area here where we leave each other alone.  I purposely kept the fire small, and cut most of the saplings up in camp wood lengths.  I do worry about this stuff, and even worry about motorists throwing cigarette butts out the window.  I just see this as well within legal, and safe, which is why I continued my project, in fact, you might laugh but the firehouse is a 1/2 mile away, and the chief is 2-3 houses down which is about another 1/2 mile.  
 

thanks again Steve.   
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the village we can’t have any fires even in fire pits. But ..... if you’re cooking over them it’s fine. Everyone on our block does it.  Have a marshmallow stick nearby and think we’re ok.  My neighbor is a cop and never said anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, turkeyfeathers said:

In the village we can’t have any fires even in fire pits. But ..... if you’re cooking over them it’s fine. Everyone on our block does it.  Have a marshmallow stick nearby and think we’re ok.  My neighbor is a cop and never said anything 

Yeah its definitely a fine line, and it truly weighs on who is the law enforcer.  I apparently Steve’s info, and I honestly was aware, I pass my firehouse daily where they have this NY burn ban with the dates on there information board.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bionic said:

Today I started cutting a few trails for my quad around the property.  I cut my way through, dragged out the saplings, and wood, and burned everything as I went.  Only made it about 150’ but it was nice to get this going, it has been on my “want to do” list for a while now.

 

0793D38E-C3E3-495B-A097-C41B4EF2C202.jpeg

196FC95D-BAC1-4621-B7C4-8F1760550400.jpeg

BCFA9F1C-3CD1-4CB4-A88E-B163457BDC05.jpeg

884BA23F-3BF3-4CB8-A153-077DD3087EA9.jpeg

5366D78A-A843-433A-BFF1-87F0D10FDCCD.jpeg

E85D8D15-0353-4B60-A524-FC5411EB64C6.jpeg

Your making me jealous, I want to ride  my wheeler so bad. I’m not healing as fast as I thought I would from this dang knee replacement. Wheeler’s looking pretty good in the 3rd photo. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Your making me jealous, I want to ride  my wheeler so bad. I’m not healing as fast as I thought I would from this dang knee replacement. Wheeler’s looking pretty good in the 3rd photo. 

Thanks buddy! You will heal just fine, one day at a time, you will get there, TRUST ME.  I love this quad, but I have an envelope set aside with some money in it for a Can Am X3 turbo 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real and only question, did you hang that cam in "that" spot !!!!!!?????

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The real and only question, did you hang that cam in "that" spot !!!!!!?????

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk



By that spot do you mean his neighbors bedroom window? I saw you two giggling in the corner at the GTG...now I know why!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bionic said:

Thanks buddy! You will heal just fine, one day at a time, you will get there, TRUST ME.  I love this quad, but I have an envelope set aside with some money in it for a Can Am X3 turbo 

Thanks appreciate it.  yeah I know, I’m healing just not as fast as I thought. It’s hard going from being pretty active to basicaly doing zilch for 5 weeks. Those can ams are bad azz no doubt. Looking forward to the photos when you get it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By that spot do you mean his neighbors bedroom window? I saw you two giggling in the corner at the GTG...now I know why!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No respect for private conversations.... A & B conversation....

You don't even know what his neighbor looks like, so maybe you shouldn't so blindly judge !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, crappyice said:


By that spot do you mean his neighbors bedroom window? I saw you two giggling in the corner at the GTG...now I know why!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, that would be the only way to see what they look like! Bought my home 9 yrs ago, and have never met them on either side.  Both side neighbors houses you cant even see, hundreds of feet away.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rob-c said:

Thanks appreciate it.  yeah I know, I’m healing just not as fast as I thought. It’s hard going from being pretty active to basicaly doing zilch for 5 weeks. Those can ams are bad azz no doubt. Looking forward to the photos when you get it. 

My dad had back surgery recently, and I saw how his mind was bothering him for the same reasons you mention.  He is always busy, whether it’s working, hobby work like building things, to splitting firewood, on and on, and the healing time frame made him feel “worthless”.  I told him over, and over again, that you are in this position because you NEVER stop, now you have too.  he understood my point, but it never helped, lol.

Oh hey, on a separate topic, I found an ATV local to my house! Called Dunmore.  Its in the Pocono’s in PA.  I know a couple guys who have gone, and I had no idea it is only 55 minutes away, we might give it a try one day.  Thinking a week day, obviously this plan has to wait until this virus settles down in the region.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bionic said:

My dad had back surgery recently, and I saw how his mind was bothering him for the same reasons you mention.  He is always busy, whether it’s working, hobby work like building things, to splitting firewood, on and on, and the healing time frame made him feel “worthless”.  I told him over, and over again, that you are in this position because you NEVER stop, now you have too.  he understood my point, but it never helped, lol.

Oh hey, on a separate topic, I found an ATV local to my house! Called Dunmore.  Its in the Pocono’s in PA.  I know a couple guys who have gone, and I had no idea it is only 55 minutes away, we might give it a try one day.  Thinking a week day, obviously this plan has to wait until this virus settles down in the region.

Lost trail atv park, Ive never been but have read about it on line. Looks like a fun place . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rob-c said:

Lost trail atv park, Ive never been but have read about it on line. Looks like a fun place . 

Exactly! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this is an “adventure” thread of mine, I decided to share a few pics of this afternoon.  Jenn, and I love going for drives in my truck.  We use it solely for this purpose, and we have such a great time.  These pics are in the area we live, within 10 mins.  We love the area, and are happy to have had a nice day for our first drive of the season.

C7944505-F7F8-4999-A810-AF91A4DFF9BA.jpeg

9004EA2B-D4E7-46E5-BBA4-E88B41B0F185.jpeg

D2A44D68-7E92-4D3A-B54B-7732DC128E4F.jpeg

192F3EAC-EC8B-4288-9630-71502E3C12AA.jpeg

70D53B70-6FDF-47AE-84C0-A430FBE8C8E7.jpeg

F26FCFB3-D3D1-4901-9513-2EBA7847D2B9.jpeg

3763B5D4-6CCC-4180-B323-D6D8D634E648.jpeg

E35431E9-E19D-4436-8A94-3BF05418A9BF.jpeg

7942D33D-45DC-494C-A2D4-0E5E3A8855B8.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice Truck.
You need that bionic arm to help you get up into it !!!
SJC
His truck is Uber cute !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.