How about those Sabres?

philoshop

been awhile since i've gone to school or lived out in buffalo to be able to watch them. it's a good thing though. when practically all the players and the coach where all new they struggled a bit to say the least. even when they sucked i kept what's now considered a throwback jersey. i've had it over 20 years probably.

That's an impressive win streak for any NHL team. The Sabres are basically a bunch of kids who could easily be playing college hockey instead of pro. God bless them all, and keep on winning guys!!!

5 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

i miss it. Albany has nothing for sports to route for. it makes it fun to be a sports fan being in Buffalo.

Everything from the morning commute to time in the grocery store checkout line is a little better when the home team wins. And it's infectious. When random people are nice to you, you tend to be nicer to the random strangers around you. That's a good thing. It's called civility.

10 minutes ago, philoshop said:

That's an impressive win streak for any NHL team. The Sabres are basically a bunch of kids who could easily be playing college hockey instead of pro. God bless them all, and keep on winning guys!!!

Everything from the morning commute to time in the grocery store checkout line is a little better when the home team wins. And it's infectious. When random people are nice to you, you tend to be nicer to the random strangers around you. That's a good thing. It's called civility.

Thats a concern a friend raised; these are just kids most of whom havent even filled out yet. He thinks the long season will wear them out. The future is as bright as any team's in hockey though

1 hour ago, philoshop said:

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Thats a concern a friend raised; these are just kids most of whom havent even filled out yet. He thinks the long season will wear them out. The future is as bright as any team's in hockey though

as a young fresh team there's always the notion they'll learn each other better to play better, versus a team that's been together forever has no more room for improvement there. look at a lot of physically taxing sports though and youth has a endurance that only gets trumped by stupid actions causing injuries.  it could go either way, really bad or really well. i'm sure they're high off the win streak though and that kind of mental momentum is only going to help. when i played in youth hockey i remember i had little ambition to race to the boards for a loose puck.