Snow cover

Bigfoot 327

I am not looking to start a discussion about climate change or global warming with any of the sky is falling types out there, but I think it is very note worthy that  this year is my 50TH year hunting deer in NY and it is the only year where we have had snow cover on each and every day of the regular season! We used to feel lucky to hunt one or two days in the snow. As I get old I can't tolerate the cold like I used to. I don't know how much of this "global warming" I can take.

The snow gives you so much information, also. It's been very interesting seeing my own tracks to and from the blind behind the house pile up on top of each other, makes you realize how much scent you must leave hunting the same spot repeatedly. Also really enjoyed the still hunts I did on state land, seeing all kinds of tracks in the snow - deer, rabbit, squirrel, fisher, bobcat, grouse, turkey, fox, and coyote.  I found one spot near me where no less than five different deer trails intersected. Putting a tree stand there next year for sure. I do wish we'd had some warmer days, I might have spent more time in the tree stands vs. the ground blind.