Playing with a New Logo... Does it look OK? Any other suggestions?

Playing with a New Logo...  Does it look OK? Thats supposed to be a camo "font". 

Better then what it was I guess? Maybe once I have some more time I'll create something better.  If anyone has and good buck shots they could share so I could use that in the logo up top please share them.

We are open to any other suggestions for the site as well.

Thanks!

Looks good to me, maybe a buck and a bear in the picture instead?

As far as site suggestions, it would be cool to have some official How-To's.  Example if How-To gut a deer, How-To get started with a food plot, How-To built a treestand? 

well.

this is hunting ny.

and new york represents alot of things.

how about a 4x4 deer with a picture of the statue of liberty silouhet in the background or maybe a ny skyline..

i know the statue and skuline have nothing to do with hinting , but its momre representative of ny..

just my 2 cents.

One of the most recognizable symbols of NY is the state outline. How do you incorporate that into a logo? ............. I don't know. Maybe the shape around the deer could be the NYS outline?

Personally, I don't think what you came up with is all that bad. I kind of like it.

Doc

Did you see the picture under one that looks like its sniffing the camera..lol...The picture of that buck under the fawn is a non-typical, which i thought was very rare because I never personally saw one or got a picture of one in the past in NY. That was the only time I got a picture of him, never saw him again. 

Howdy folks - a big thanks to BurmJohn for the invite from RT.

Chenango Dave here and I'm into wildlife photography quite a bit. I have a website with all my pics on it - feel free to browse thru it and I have no problem if you'd like to use some for your banner.

www.pbase.com/yellowdogdave

all my shots are from right here in NY. Glad to have found this place and I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me.

Take care

Dave

Some bucks from last summer...

5bucks.jpg

A nice NY buck from my trail cam...'

12point4.jpg

12point2.jpg

12point3.jpg

12point6.jpg

Dave ,

you have some incredible photo's here and on your blog.

I love photography recently purchased my first DSLR.

Im still learning about f-stop apeture and still learning how to use most of the custom modes on the camera itself.

its a canon Rebel XS.

I have a 18-55 lens with Image stabilization  and a 75-300 telephoto lens.

I been trying to get some good photo's but with the lens not set on a tripod, i keep getting blur.

wildlife is tough on the fly if you cant get close.

That 200-400 lens must have cost ya a fortune..

I am looking into buying a new lens. I'de like to go for a super wide angle lens or maybe a telephoto zoom.

IDK..

money is a big issue with anything right now , so maybe ill wind up just getting a good prime lens for some wide angle shots or portraits.

got any pointers or advice ???

awesome blog man..

Thanks A6A6.

You're right that 200-400 did cost a pretty penny but it's a hobby that I enjoy a great deal. My main hobbies are hunting and fishing and photography so that's where all my savings usually go to...lol.

Glad you liked my Pbase site. Probably some good advice I can give you is when using your tele lens with out a  tripod or monopod, try and get as fast a shutter speed as you can, that will help greatly with the blurr.  A good rule of thumb is to try and have at least a shutter speed of 1/focal length used. So if your shooting at 300 mm you'd want at least 1/300 for a SS.  Obviously that's not quite possible at low light at dawn and dusk, but just try and keep it the higher the better.

There's so many other factors too - I just don't have time to write it out right now.. A real great place for learning about photography is at www.dpreview.com . They have a whole learning center that covers everything you can think of. When I started out into photography 3 years ago, I didn't know a thing about it and that's where I learned pretty much everything. Good luck with that camera and post up some pics when you get a chance

Take care

Dave

dave .

thanks for the advice , i had never heard about using 1 SS per one focal length..and i think i am going to go with a monopod instead of a tripod..

i think most of my shots will probably be on the fly and a monopod will be easier to swing around on my journey's ..

thakns again.

ill be looking foward to seeint new photo's on the page..

tack care , mark

• 3 weeks later...