Have anyone ever

growalot

Seen any thing like this? I took this young guy out as a mercy kill on a doe tag during archery season some years ago...He was going to get a pass...But then he walked under the stand and eewwhhh...he smelled like death ...so I  took him out...he went ten yrds and dropped...he had blk goo on his back side and around the wth  fur there....What do you think it was? ...I'll tell you my thoughts later...by the way it was so nasty I didn't even want to touch him...donned gloves and dragged him a couple dozen yards away from the stand to a deadfall...weeks later still nothing had touch him...

Have never seen anything like that....can't even guess what the heck was wrong with that one. You did him a favor no doubt by taking him out that's one thing that's for sure.

What he said. Guessing an answer would be either cancer or a serious parasite. 

Sorry no ...all I had on me was my cell phone camera...but if you look close in the first pic... you can see where his neck and chest is suppose to be...and it ended...... from chin to between his front legs...in a mass the size of a basket ball....hair on inside of front legs was rubbed off........

Well guys here's my theory on this poor little guy..actually not so little the booger was heavy to drag... any how...most of the deer strikes around here are deer jumping out of the culvert ditches into the sides of cars....I think he did that ..survived the impact and developed a huge hematoma  that got infected ...his liver couldn't process it ...thus the sticky blk anal seepage and the smell of death ...his liver was shutting down...uncomfortable/pain he was constantly on the move...thus the fur being rubbed off on his inside leg....it was going to be a slow miserable death for sure....JMO

• 1 month later...

We get so many deer tags for our area...usually 4 each ...I get the extras for just this reason...but usually it's to put down gut shot or wounded fawn that make it to our property :) ...I have to do this way too many times....if it's brown and RUNNING...it's getting shot at around here iggits >:O ....but I have gotten tags for a couple of buck I had to put down one was a 7pt...one of his ribs was sticking straight up between his shoulder blades and he had gangrene...thought at first it was an arrow...but he'd been hit by a car..took him into Avon office..got a new tag