How long should it take to get back a gun that was sent back for repairs?

Hunter007

It does not matter who I buy a gun from, the last 6 shotguns I bought (all brand new) went back to the factory for some adjustment or another. Best to buy it in the summer, work all the bugs out, and the inevitable shipment back to the factory. But the answer is it could take a couple months, in some cases. Hope you get it back soon!

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Buckmaster7600 said:

Well I hope you’re intelligent to know that when you buy a 100$ gun you’re getting a 100$ gun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea but how hard is it to build a single shot shotgun  that works reliable.

So I figured I take a chance on it . The metal work and Finnish were good . Even  my  FFL was surprised at how good for the price .

But looks like they  did the cheap on the guts insides .

First step would be to thoroughly degrease it / clean the inside action, then lightly relube it, then field test it again.

Where did you send it for repairs? Keep in mind standard ups shipping is going to be who knows how many days there, and then returned, don't count week ends, and of course, you did call them ahead of time and got an estimate on the turnaround, right? 

4 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

First step would be to thoroughly degrease it / clean the inside action, then lightly relube it, then field test it again.

Where did you send it for repairs? Keep in mind standard ups shipping is going to be who knows how many days there, and then returned, don't count week ends, and of course, you did call them ahead of time and got an estimate on the turnaround, right? 

The manufacturer it  was a new gun

8 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

And their quoted turn around time was...?

shouldn't take long, as we usually can turn these around quickly. As for the additional barrels, we are happy to update you as we get information. Please just continue to check the website for future updates. Midland Arms Co