drummer on fire

philoshop

This is not my favorite tune by a long shot, but this young gal just nails it. She has dozens of drum cover videos to her credit and they all just smoke.

I played for well over 50 years and taught for several years. I don't ever remember seeing anyone with the comfort and confidence of this young lady. I've exchanged e-mails with her and she is amazing. The only tip I gave her was to keep her hair tied back because a broken or frayed stick that snags it will end the song. She laughed. ;-)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grampy said:

She is amazing! A bass players best friend for sure!!!

And vice versa. I've played in a couple of bands where the bass player was a guitar player with a bass guitar. That doesn't usually work.

I've watched several dozens of her videos recently. ZZ Top, The Who, lots of stuff I don't know. She's a pretty amazing  young gal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

Amazing she even does one of my top ten.

She does a great job on Henry Mancini's Pink Panther theme song as well. She does drum clinics and whatnot, so I don't think she's just a parrot. It's obvious that she's enjoying herself and that she's very relaxed. Always a smile on her face. ;-)

One of the things I really like about her is that she's not all inked up and doesn't wear nail gun accidents in her lips, nose, or eyebrows. To me that's a sign of intelligence. To those of you who wear that stuff and revel in it. F^^^ you. It's stupid and it's especially stupid on a young lady. Rant over.

• Like 1