Hey All,

I just got done finishing the basement and built a small room for all my hunting and shooting gear (my man cave). I want to put in a corner bench unit to put a bow press and reloading press on. Any recommendations for a corner unit? Also how does everyone mount their presses to be able to remove them after they are done working do free the bench space back up? Thanks for any tips on what to do with the space. Pics below for reference.5bcd805edcb8b5a6d9b79120ab2894d7.jpg261ff40156dcf3b1be53007bdbb8f375.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a makeover of my reloading room a few years ago and looked over a bunch of benches to do the job. I did not see anything made specifically for a corner. You probably would have to make one of your own design if you decide to go that route.

I did a write up here on the board for the choices I ended up going with. Might be something in it that can be useful to you.

Edited by airedale

My reloading press is bolted to a 2x6. On my bench at the wall is a metal angle that I screwed on and the long 2x6 slides under it and I drop a pin through a drilled hole in the angle and into the 2x6. This puts my press cantilevered off the bench edge about 8" and at a perfect distance to work for me. Pull the pin and slide out the 2x6/press and store. 

My friend has a setup for his reloading bench that involves wooden plates fastened to the various presses and other gear he uses. Those plates have beveled edges which slide like dovetails into the top of his bench. It takes just a few seconds to swap one tool out and put another in, or to put in the blank plate so that he has his full work top back. Pretty slick setup. I wish I had some photos for you.

BTW, he also has over a dozen different presses with different dies installed. He reloads a lot and doesn't like spending time dialing in the dies. I was the same way in my wood shop when I had almost 20 different routers with different bits. I wasn't going to waste time changing bits and risk breaking them on the concrete floor.