Reinforcing pop up blinds

turkeyfeathers

I think you can use just about anything. I made one using a telescoping paint roller extension pole I had laying around. On the threaded end, that would go into the roller handle,  I formed a ball of dental impression material over the threads and into position on the top center hub, once it hardened, it created a mould of the hub and won't slip off.  It works well.

By buddy uses a piece of 2x4,  he drilled a 1" hole in the end of the board to fit over the hub screw. It stays in place and works perfectly.

19 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

with reinforcing thru the main hub the pole comes straight down into the middle making it cumbersome ,especially for daughter and I to be in there together. Tough maneuvering no ?!

I guess if could be if you wanted to hunt with it installed, depends on the size of the blind too. I put it in position when I leave the blind to prevent it from caving in from heavy snow, no other reason. When I arrive at the blind I clear the snow, if any, and remove the support. 

• Like 2

The early November wet snows are the curse of pop-up blinds w/o any center hub support. Most any redneck engineered item will most likely work;  2x4, 2x2, ~2" sapling, tensioning shower curtain rod, PAM (?), whatever .... JMO, Doesn't seem to matter if it's a $100 or $300+ pop-up, gonna have snow issues.

• Like 1