to all the deer camp guys....

growalot

\What goodies are you guys getting ready for deer camp?....I know you all have that one thing someone always brings...

I just got done making spicy dill pickles and bread and butter pickles...then every year they request my dilly green beans...Mr.B makes a big jar of pickled eggs and if I take a deer early enough in bow they request my jerky...so whats on your list of have to have?...

Canned goods such as okra w/corn & tomatos, collard greens, base mixes for dutch oven dishes.

Side dish packs such as mash potatos or various rice mixes, fettucini etc.

corn on the cob, salt potatos, etc.

At least one venison loin for my k-bobs & bacon w/portabella mushrooms, texas sweet onions & bell peppers.

Beef ribs, pork sausages, toss in some trout, pickled eggs etc.

Texas Pete hot sauce, Canadian Steak seasoning, garlic - garlic salt etc.

People that want to pack along garbage like vienna sausage & fritos are polluting themselves.

9 layer lasagana made with homemade sauce and sausage for the night before opening day dinner. Jerky! lots of it keep one whole deer from previous season to make it from. end up with 30 lbs approximatly..lasts 3 days  ::D    guy love it ...lol

I cook up some chilli, cutlets, and meat sauce the few nights before.  I'm saving a few pounds of venison for the meat sauce this year.  Usually make a huge tray of cutlets to bring up.  This year will be different though, I actually have a play to sleep with a kitchen and my own bedroom thanks to the old man building his dream cabin ;)