Hunting spot destruction

Karpteach

I will be back out to where I hunt on the East End of Long Island on Wed. September 7th so all I can do is hope that the area is still ok and take a look then. Also first time ever using a trail cam this year. That might be destroyed. Will the Deer be ok in the storm? I assume they will find massive cover under the pines and thick stuff so to speak.

I will have to say there is a pretty high chance out here that spots will change a bit weather it be fallen trees n so on. Not sure how it will affect deer paterns but the chqnce of fallen trees and limbs i would say will be high. 80mph winds yeah things r gunna change

I went out yesterday afternoon to check out my spots 2 of them which were very close to the water are GONE. I believe that the ocean has swept out trees and everything else in it's way. My spot in Mattituck seems to have survived my minor problems. Will have to see bow all this has effected deer movement.

I'm not sure what a hurricane does to the woods, but a bunch of years ago, we had a huge ice storm, and it totally destroyed my whole hunting area. Everything that I had learned about the deer locally changed forever. Trails were buried under downed trees, bedding area were flattened. Some of the brushy areas never recovered and are now pretty wide open compared to how they were before the storm. Everything changed and decades of patterning the deer were lost.

I would think that a serious hurricane would do similar damage. It'll be interesting to hear how you guys make out. Good luck.

Jimmy did you get a chance to check your spots? I hope all went well.

Geno, how's the power situation going?

I will actually be getting out this Wednesday. Heading out East with my brother and his g/f who both Bow Hunt with me as well. Always nice to get into the woods. Hopefully not to much damage. I am pretty close to water so we will see.