Suggestions for estrus scents

ekiert515

The past few years I have had good luck using Grave Digger by Code Blue. It is a scrape aide that hasnt failed me since I've begun using it. I believe this will be my third season using it. I have seen an increase in bucks on camera within a week of putting ScrapeMate on the ground each of the past two seasons, and have shot decent bucks from stands near the scent. That being said, I hadnt gone a year without shooting a buck in this area in the five or six years before this so it very well may be a coincidence. I would say it is at least worth a shot. Good luck!

I use golden estrus by hunter specialties it comes with a

born on date.Or Matrix doe in heat.3 things to bear in mind

when using these attractants.When,how,and how much

affect your success if any.Using it very sparingly late in

prerut on a drag within 100 yds of my stand works well,

using it as a drag and hanging it within 30 yds during the

same time works well for me.Also xbolt says in his response

a mock scrap or 2 close to your stand works well.I have used

these scents for along time and found that its not hit or miss

but alot of how well you use you scents and when.chances

are when the rut kicks in its only affective on bucks cruising

once a big boys locked on a doe forget it.Thats why they call

it lock down time he stays with her for 24 to 48 hrs.One other

thing I took my biggest buck during post rut using a drag while

still hunting during muzzleloader season the big 160 class walked

right in behind me from a swamp as I stood to watch a creek

bottom at 60 yds I only soaked the tips of the drag but the wind

blowing into the swamp was enough to bring him out also watch your

scent too.

Find a fresh roadkill.. buck or doe and cut off the tarsals(as long as not covered in blood).. best attractor ever!!!! will bring in everything!! better if from 2 or more miles from where u hunt. It's a deers calling card. and any deer that smells it will come in to see and or challange the new deer! I also exchange tarsals from fresh kills during the season with friends that hunt different areas. last 2-3 days regrigerate after each use and store in a plastic bag, a twist tie or nylon zip tie poked through it is good for hanging 3-4 ft off the ground. I've froze one and had ok results when thawed as well if used with in a week or so of frezing. Once you try it you'll never use anything else again! There are a few dehydrated out there for sale and they are ok but not the same as fresh!!

Find a fresh roadkill.. buck or doe and cut off the tarsals(as long as not covered in blood).. best attractor ever!!!! will bring in everything!! better if from 2 or more miles from where u hunt. It's a deers calling card. and any deer that smells it will come in to see and or challange the new deer! I also exchange tarsals from fresh kills during the season with friends that hunt different areas. last 2-3 days regrigerate after each use and store in a plastic bag, a twist tie or nylon zip tie poked through it is good for hanging 3-4 ft off the ground. I've froze one and had ok results when thawed as well if used with in a week or so of frezing. Once you try it you'll never use anything else again! There are a few dehydrated out there for sale and they are ok but not the same as fresh!!

If you freeze it...put in just a bit of water, like a teaspoon or so. When it melts, this can be used as spray scent or in a scent canister. Same premise as the gland, just a bit easier for some people if they don't want to tote the gland around.

I used to use tink's 69 but everyone and their brother uses that so I started using other brands. I like Special Golden Estrus because of the dating system. I also use Code Blue and Buck Bomb. This season I'm going to make mock scrapes and use a dripper over them with power scrape.

G-Man is right about the tarsal glands. That is a great way to attract deer. Good advise