Car Insurance discount for deer hunters?

Rattler

I was involved in a discussion about car insurance and discounts offered for various things, like taking a safe driver course. 

A man suggested deer hunters should get a 1 year discount if they bag a deer during hunting season, reason being high deer populations wreck many auto's and insurance companies have to pay. 

This might also be a good incentive for people to take up deer hunting as well.  I laughed at first, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be a great idea.

So many things the insurance companies give discounts for are really not preventing auto collisions.  This idea really does.

• Like 3

Insurance companies do not care. In areas of higher collisions, they  up the comp rate - sometimes even making more. The money paid out is simply another cost of business and is factored in setting the rate. The actual money paid for deer  out is but a tiny fraction of their total costs to the point of being statistically insignificant.

• Like 2

I just did “ Smart Ride “ ,you plug the unit into, your car, and it looks at four things , miles driven after midnight , hard stops/starts, minutes in stop and go, traffic , miles driven . We’re getting a 24% reduction ,that was easy, left the Subaru in the garage and drove the truck ..... 

36AB1283-0D73-4ADE-86D1-2F96AEF58E4C.png