Jerky marinade

nybuckboy

Cabelas hot n sweet then doctored up with  few shots of soy sauce, teriyaki, big clump of brown sugar and bunch of sprinkles of crushed red pepper flakes. Cut suggested cure ( salt ) to 1/5 what they say. I use steaks cut when semi defrosted so more manageable to desired thickness.  Put on jerky racks in oven at 180 degrees with door ajar.  
tried jerky shooter with ground once , we did not like and used for dog treats.  
Or hand over $20 million to @Jerkman for his secret recipe. 

• Like 4

Here we go the great jerky debate! TF I'm sure you tried my jerky made with ground, it's not dog treats! I like the ground jerky as it is so much easier to make. I just took 3lbs of ground out of the freezer to thaw and by tomorrow i will be eating jerky during the Bills game!

I use ground for mine and everyone always comes back for seconds ,i use the cabellas peppered stuff with jerky gun.

I can’t seem to get my ground jerky the right consistency or doneness....either too cooked or squishy. Living up to my name when it comes to jerky making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I can’t seem to get my ground jerky the right consistency or doneness....either too cooked or squishy. Living up to my name when it comes to jerky making

Are you making it in an oven or dehydrator? I used to make it in the oven, then my wife bought me an Excalibur dehydrator. I find that the drying is much more gentle and uniform in the Excalibur. Woot has them from time to time at a good price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Not sure what method you are using for drying but mine goes into an excaliber dehydrator on max temp which is 165 for exactly 4 hours if that helps any.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Are you making it in an oven or dehydrator? I used to make it in the oven, then my wife bought me an Excalibur dehydrator. I find that the drying is much more gentle and uniform in the Excalibur. Woot has them from time to time at a good price.

I never thought the unit for drying would make much of a difference but it really does help to have a nice dedicated drying machine. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Not sure what method you are using for drying but mine goes into an excaliber dehydrator on max temp which is 165 for exactly 4 hours if that helps any.  

Thanks , I use the jerky gun , but my cheap rotation dehydrator sucks .

51 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I use a cheap wally world dehydrator and it takes about 4.5 hours. 3lbs of ground fits perfectly and I don't have to rotate the trays.  Put it in the garage on a timer works good.  Just have to remember it's out there cause the timer is 24 hour and will cycle back on again! I did that once and had bacon instead of jerky!

Cabelas hot n sweet then doctored up with  few shots of soy sauce, teriyaki, big clump of brown sugar and bunch of sprinkles of crushed red pepper flakes. Cut suggested cure ( salt ) to 1/5 what they say. I use steaks cut when semi defrosted so more manageable to desired thickness.  Put on jerky racks in oven at 180 degrees with door ajar.  
tried jerky shooter with ground once , we did not like and used for dog treats.  
Or hand over $20 million to @Jerkman for his secret recipe. 
I am willing to negotiate

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk