Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

I'm jonesing to get out for a couple more days.

Friday cannot come soon enough. Got a cam set over this...came across it Saturday morning. This place has the most sign out of the area I have to hunt and have not seen a deer there. Partner saw 5 one sit but just does and a small spike. I've got pics from pre-bow of the bucks in there.

post-575-0-39470400-1323901702_thumb.jpg

Edited by phade

Got a funeral to attend this afternoon, but should make it back for a wet, evening hunt.

And thank u Mr rocket, I had a dream last night I speared myself a 180" 14 pt. too bad I can't get him mounted or post pics ! Oddly enough my post said what dreams are made of...

Cool dream...cold steel website makes those spears(and blowguns and other goodies)..i promptly went to the website and subscribed to the cold steel newsletter...lookin to get a spear soon!

One of my fav shows / relentless pursuit / is sponsored by cold steel. After watching the host spear and kill a buffalo, I quickly looked up the nys legaloties.... I'm with u though, I would def add a spear to the arsenal. For now I'm considering they're blow gun, to assist me in tree rat population control

Got up to sit in the stand...packed the truck and decided it was too windy. First time in a very long time I've been kept out of the stand due to wind. I sat on the ground behind my house in a small woodlot and saw three does at 100 yds. doing Mach 2 across a green field about 7:40 a.m. Sat til 8:30 and that was enough with the wind.

Going to sit out for the last hour or two tonight and hope something shows. So much for a useful day off of work hunting.