The owner auto repair shop I use decided he and his wife should be tested because of contact with many people. They went to a place in Syracuse, filled out their paperwork and sat down to wait and be tested. After a couple of hours of waiting with no test in sight he decided to hell with that and left. A couple of weeks later he got a letter in the mail saying they tested positive!:umnik:

This is the exact way I keep hearing this story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

18 minutes ago, Rattler said:

So what you're saying is you don't believe the numbers have been inflated at all then?

Let's say they are inflated by 20% it's still 120,000 deaths in 6 months  Which is more than the flu. 

People keep saying they are inflated but does it matter? 

So what you're saying is you don't believe the numbers have been inflated at all then?

I would actually guess they are under reported

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has been relentlessly criticized for lifting his states’ lockdown orders. But a closer look at the CDC’s top “hot spots” shows that most of them involved outbreaks among prisoners and nursing home residents—people who are literally on lockdown.

While we must protect those in congregate settings, such as nursing homes and prisons, as well as the non-institutionalized elderly and those with underlying health conditions, the rest of the community is generally recovering from mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19, and many others are asymptomatic.

If the data is showing more people are asymptomatic, having milder illness, and recovering at higher rates with fewer complications and hospitalizations, and we know who to protect, why aren’t public health officials emphasizing getting this data-driven good news to the public?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/08/05/without-proper-context-leaked-covid-19-data-is-worse-than-misleading/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=without-proper-context-leaked-covid-19-data-is-worse-than-misleading?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWWpVMU1qRm1NMlE0T0dOaSIsInQiOiJFVVdqcHpaYlwvTWFMSHpwNHpCNjdFUk9hZDJzZVwvS2dXU0NsaENmUXh0MzJFZ1BSSHM3cmVJdnVnc21UVjRWbzlRSFZzYnpKUGpzWFBlYVg2QnRjK3FPXC9yNGFuNDNSellJSmo5b2syaFAzcFJUWFMxN1V1bE5yR3dcLzh1anRtRjkifQ%3D%3D

On 8/9/2020 at 9:41 AM, airedale said:

The owner auto repair shop I use decided he and his wife should be tested because of contact with many people. They went to a place in Syracuse, filled out their paperwork and sat down to wait and be tested. After a couple of hours of waiting with no test in sight he decided to hell with that and left. A couple of weeks later he got a letter in the mail saying they tested positive!:umnik:

What's also messed up about this story is how we are the greatest country in the world and we still can't get test readily available for people.

What's might be even scarier is that there is someone who is positive and walking around unaware because they sent his results to the mechanic instead.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

The Don said this may be the last time we see him for a while. He has a lot of rich enemies. Is an assassination brewing?

Wow, did I almost call this? Shots fired outside shire house

Wow, did I almost call this? Shots fired outside shire house

Another attempt today? Air Force one helicopter shot.

Close enough. People are firing at the President’s vehicles...long hot summer continues- this election cycle is gonna be bonkers (and not in a good way)

One literally couldn't have made the US less great as Americans are restricted from entering Europe (and most countries around the world) because the pandemic is worse here than anywhere else on earth. Everywhere for which we have data.

Yes, the virus is not his fault. But despite some initial good steps, his failure to respond adequately is his responsibility. Nowhere else has a leader's inaction allowed the virus to become as bad as it is in our country.

The number of lives lost is expected to double before the end of the year. Millions more will become infected. Tens of millions (one in ten workers) still out of a job. Evictions beginning. Food lines becoming longer. And still no comprehensive plan. No mask mandate. No awareness.

What will it take to fix this? November 3.

8 hours ago, Chef said:

One literally couldn't have made the US less great as Americans are restricted from entering Europe (and most countries around the world) because the pandemic is worse here than anywhere else on earth. Everywhere for which we have data.

Yes, the virus is not his fault. But despite some initial good steps, his failure to respond adequately is his responsibility. Nowhere else has a leader's inaction allowed the virus to become as bad as it is in our country.

The number of lives lost is expected to double before the end of the year. Millions more will become infected. Tens of millions (one in ten workers) still out of a job. Evictions beginning. Food lines becoming longer. And still no comprehensive plan. No mask mandate. No awareness.

What will it take to fix this? November 3.

Not a fan boy of Trump but i gotta ask --- Biden is the fix??  Unless another candidate runs all of a sudden - where is the fix??   I cant swallow to vote for either of them but a fix - ya i'm not seeing it.  What exactly has Biden ever "fixed" ?   Career politician and has done exactly what .....and he is supposed to "fix" a pandemic??  lol.  sure. 

• Like 2

Can you imagine the outrage had Trump shut the country down in Jan/Feb lol? Via executive order?? Give me a freakin break

• Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

10 hours ago, Chef said:

Why I don't completely disagree with you and  think he is sending a mixed message I can't blame him for his lack of doing more. The problem is not with him as much as the vast majority of the population (snowflakes) that refuse to adhere to the recommendations of the "experts" and continue to gather in large groups with no social distancing or protection.

Trump gets criticized for everything he does or attempts to do and definitely does not help himself with some of his verbal responses and tweets.

Being a "free" society has it's drawbacks at times like this but you can bet if he did put more restrictions out there that people disagreed with there would be more unrest than there is now.

We as a society are responsible for our own actions and we are the cause of the pandemic spreading not our leadership. If they restricted us more we would be bitching about that to.

• Like 1

Arizona battles back - 0 deaths today

Houston battles back - from the "the end of the world" to opening all schools today on time.

NY - reopens gyms and bowling alleys.

Do we have to wait for election to be over or can we all admit this has been over for months?

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Can you imagine the outrage had Trump shut the country down in Jan/Feb lol? Via executive order?? Give me a freakin break

He didn't have to.  Not every country did.  The moment there was any concentration, they shut down that city and that city only immediately.  But complete shut down.  No one goes in or out.  Rest of the country stayed open but test extensively.  Not here.  We closed restaurants but allowed everyone to travel freely.  Everything north of New Rochelle could have stayed open if NYC and New Rochelle would have gone into complete lock down for 2 months.

What was done is done.  We already picked one road  at the split and we walked too far to turn around.  We simply have to see it to the end.

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

5 minutes ago, Elmo said:

He didn't have to.  Not every country did.  The moment there was any concentration, they shut down that city and that city only immediately.  But complete shut down.  No one goes in or out.  Rest of the country stayed open but test extensively.  Not here.  We closed restaurants but allowed everyone to travel freely.  Everything north of New Rochelle could have stayed open if NYC and New Rochelle would have gone into complete lock down for 2 months.

What was done is done.  We already picked one road  at the split and we walked too far to turn around.  We simply have to see it to the end.

Id love to go back in time and watch Trump tell Cuomo to lock a city down and see the reaction. Andy wanted to sue RI for telling NYers they couldnt come there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-Mitch Hedberg

There are plenty of executive orders that several presidents signed  (including Trump) that not everyone agrees with but they did it anyway.

NRA Lifetime member.

I agree.

But his response has been crap

Not a fan boy of Trump but i gotta ask --- Biden is the fix??  Unless another candidate runs all of a sudden - where is the fix??   I cant swallow to vote for either of them but a fix - ya i'm not seeing it.  What exactly has Biden ever "fixed" ?   Career politician and has done exactly what .....and he is supposed to "fix" a pandemic??  lol.  sure. 

He will at least pay attention to science which is way more than trump has done you can’t deny that

Why I don't completely disagree with you and  think he is sending a mixed message I can't blame him for his lack of doing more. The problem is not with him as much as the vast majority of the population (snowflakes) that refuse to adhere to the recommendations of the "experts" and continue to gather in large groups with no social distancing or protection.
 Trump gets criticized for everything he does or attempts to do and definitely does not help himself with some of his verbal responses and tweets.
Being a "free" society has it's drawbacks at times like this but you can bet if he did put more restrictions out there that people disagreed with there would be more unrest than there is now.
 We as a society are responsible for our own actions and we are the cause of the pandemic spreading not our leadership. If they restricted us more we would be bitching about that to.

He should have been more supportive of masks early on and supportive of testing in general.

Arizona battles back - 0 deaths today
Houston battles back - from the "the end of the world" to opening all schools today on time.
NY - reopens gyms and bowling alleys.
Do we have to wait for election to be over or can we all admit this has been over for months?

Just because Huston is opening schools doesn’t mean they should be.