Corona Virus Thread

6 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Haha, so it’s “I won’t wear a mask unless the bad orange man tells me to”. Got it.

Shit, now I'm confused. I can't tell if you're just really bad at arguing or if this is actually what you think I said.

Here, I'll try one last time using your style: "Many stupid people won't wear masks if the president doesn't tell them to. For this reason, the president should tell them to wear masks."

I think you are confused, it sure appears that way. You say I am bad at arguing, but if you look closely, all I’m doing is trying to stay on the subject I asked about.

If you look back, Lee, I originally commented on you comment of a lack of a national strategy. I then asked you if the bad orange man had to tell you to wear a mask.

you then mumbled something about orange man’s base, (Last I knew Fauci, Birx, and the CDC work for Trump) didn’t answer the question, insinuated I was confused, deflected again, and then became patronizing and I had to goad you into finally answering. 

Like most of the extreme left, you’ve got nothing but orange man bad.

BTW, do you even hunt, bro?

• Like 1

NY has twice the amount of deaths with less case the a lot of states. But old people where sent back to nursing homes that could have been sent to the hospital ship that wasn’t used. But it’s trumps fault that he sent help and NY didnt use it and put infected patients with the most vulnerable. Everyone has been wrong on this just some alot more then other see NY   State and city representatives for that and the statistics back that up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Yes, that’s exactly where you got lost. I didn’t mumble something about his base.  I replied that Trump’s base needs to hear a consistent message on masks. It’s really not that complicated. 

No it’s not really that complicated. You seem intelligent so you should get this: The man heads all of the departments that deal with health and national policy. This base you speak of is people who voted for him and is roughly half the voters. We don’t need the man himself to wear a mask like slow Joe does. We get it, despite the left’s smear of saying trump voters are Neanderthals.

17 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

No it’s not really that complicated. You seem intelligent so you should get this: The man heads all of the departments that deal with health and national policy. This base you speak of is people who voted for him and is roughly half the voters. We don’t need the man himself to wear a mask like slow Joe does. We get it, despite the left’s smear of saying trump voters are Neanderthals.

Ok, so you reject the idea that wearing a mask has become a partisan act. Good.

I don't think the Biden coalition views Trump voters as Neanderthals. I think Biden sees them as having mutually aligned interests and feels that they too would benefit from a more stable and professional oval office. And many Republicans agree, which is why we're seeing a record number of lifelong conservatives endorse Biden.

19 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Ok, so you reject the idea that wearing a mask has become a partisan act. Good.

I don't think the Biden coalition views Trump voters as Neanderthals. I think Biden sees them as having mutually aligned interests and feels that they too would benefit from a more stable and professional oval office. And many Republicans agree, which is why we're seeing a record number of lifelong conservatives endorse Biden.

See that is was you think and I think if Joe Biden talked as articulately as you type he would have a way better chance.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Being asked to wear a mask to walk to and from my table for dinner at a restaurant inside or outside will never make sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the idea is that just as with saddles or other pinch points in the woods, walkways in between tables in restaurants are high traffic areas and so having folks wear masks may help prevent exposure, especially if someone is talking or if they sneeze, etc.  It’s not perfect. The next stage will be rapid antigen tests at the door to see who’s shredding lots of virus. 

• Like 1

I think the idea is that just as with saddles or other pinch points in the woods, walkways in between tables in restaurants are high traffic areas and so having folks wear masks may help prevent exposure, especially if someone is talking or if they sneeze, etc.  It’s not perfect. The next stage will be rapid antigen tests at the door to see who’s shredding lots of virus. 

But my daughter (7 months old) doesn’t have to wear a mask and we live in the same household. So what’s the point?

And rapid tests at restaurants? There’s no super accurate tests right now rapid or not. Look at the nfl debacle of 77 false positives. Imagine a small restaurant denying certain people at the door? No way it’s gonna happen

CDC updates their numbers. 94% of deaths in US had underlying conditions. 2.6 conditions to be exact.

According to the CDC 9683 died in the United States with only having COVID-19 listed on their death certificate.

FYI that you as not actually on the CDC website and when fact checked comes back false

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obligatory shot at Trump. You need to be told by the President to wear a mask?

He doesn’t but let’s face it, there are tons of morons out there that refuse to wear one because Trump made that sentiment ok

Don't redirect. Do you need to have the leader of our nation tell you to wear a mask? The Governor told you. The CDC told you. Why does the POTUS have to say it to you?

Because he has a base that is retarded. The average uneducated white trash American needs to be told to wipe their ass and where to pick up their welfare check

I’m not confused at all Lee. But I am amused that instead of simply answering the question you tell me I’m confused. 
When the left can’t or won’t answer the question, the ad hominem attacks begin.
So it comes down to the POTUS has to tell you to wear a mask. Not the Governor, not your county health department, not the CDC, not common sense, but the Pres has to tell you.

The president should at the very least be setting an example

I’m not confused at all Lee. But I am amused that instead of simply answering the question you tell me I’m confused. 
When the left can’t or won’t answer the question, the ad hominem attacks begin.
So it comes down to the POTUS has to tell you to wear a mask. Not the Governor, not your county health department, not the CDC, not common sense, but the Pres has to tell you.

The president should at the very least be setting an example

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chef said:

He actually does you should watch his speech from today

I did. He sounded like a fumbling idiot , like he really is. The only reason he did that for is his ship is already sinking for not saying a word about the the destruction in 3 months. Those liberal Governors and Mayors turning away the help to end that destruction really should be dragged through the coals of those looted and burnt businesses. At the very least they need to be thrown out of office . I cant see how any average citizen in those states can ever vote for them again. What would they campaign on ? " Wow look at the great job I have done for you " ? 

He had a real beauty the other day from his basement headquarters.  I believe he was being interviewed by Joe Blow Scarborough. It was so blatant that he had the questions way ahead of the interview . He lost his place so many times and stared at his teleprompter reading it while squinting and turning his head to look at the main screen . Then shifting back to the teleprompter. It was quite telling. The question would be asked while he was looking at the main screen. Then he would turn his head not even looking at the main screen and just read from the teleprompter and then look back at the main screen. He is cooked . 

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 2

My cousin flew back from Chicago at the end of June.  Shortly there after, her mom got COVID and then less than a week later my her dad (my uncle) got COVID.  They didn't have to be hospitalized even though my uncle would be considered high risk (62 and mild diabetes).  This past Thursday (about 3 weeks later), my uncle suffered a stroke.  The bleeding has stopped so the doctors don't feed surgery is necessary.  So far he hasn't shown the ability to move his right arm or right leg but we won't know fully until the blood is re-adsorbed.  He's sedated this whole time.  Tracing as far back as my great great grandparents on either side, not a single one of us ever had a stroke.  (Cancer is our preferred drink apparently)  My uncle is the first.  Not saying it's COVID induced but one has to wonder.

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But my daughter (7 months old) doesn’t have to wear a mask and we live in the same household. So what’s the point?

They knew they can't get 100% compliance.  80% was their goal.  As long as the baton doesn't keep getting passed to the next person, then the first few people would eventually recover (or die) and the health care system wouldn't get overwhelmed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chef said:

Because he has a base that is retarded. The average uneducated white trash American needs to be told to wipe their ass and where to pick up their welfare check

See this is your problem name calling like a child and your low views of people that  oppose you positions. With how you view trump supporters and come across you will not be able to change anyone’s views or have a educated conversation. Did you state you voted for him so his base. At least at one time you where “retarded” but I would not say that about you. You just had different views than others that did not vote for him. 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1