I see the recommended 14 day quarantine has been dropped also.  King Andy who says we should listen to the experts, isn't taking his own advice. 

• Like 2

I see the recommended 14 day quarantine has been dropped also.  King Andy who says we should listen to the experts, isn't taking his own advice. 

He’s killing other states tourism for sure. My wife made me change our Maryland trip to NJ because she was worried some would rat on us from social media and not quarantining afterwards. Then he took Maryland off the list lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fauci said wait at least four days then take a test, if it's negative you are good. The flaming ahole that presides over us sticks with his 14

• Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

37 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

He’s killing other states tourism for sure. My wife made me change our Maryland trip to NJ because she was worried some would rat on us from social media and not quarantining afterwards. Then he took Maryland off the list lol

I think your on to something.  Our king didn't want anyone traveling to other states on vacation. He needed those dollars spent in NY on a staycation. He has a slight deficit. 

• Like 1

I think your on to something.  Our king didn't want anyone traveling to other states on vacation. He needed those dollars spent in NY on a staycation. He has a slight deficit. 

Exactly or his buddy in NJ. How many millions of people went to Montauk or NJ instead of Delaware or Maryland as planned?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Exactly or his buddy in NJ. How many millions of people went to Montauk or NJ instead of Delaware or Maryland as planned?

But Maryland or Delaware isn't on the list.  Several of my buddies went to Acadia National Park a couple of weeks ago just fine.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwpDF_OS66wIVDtbACh0dSQipEAAYASAAEgKJpPD_BwE

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

But Maryland or Delaware isn't on the list.  Several of my buddies went to Acadia National Park a couple of weeks ago just fine.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwpDF_OS66wIVDtbACh0dSQipEAAYASAAEgKJpPD_BwE

They aren’t now but were at the end of July. I only know since we had people
from Maryland at our house the weekend prior to the announcement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Elmo said:

yes, they were until this week. I know because i kept waiting for them to come off but they didn't so finally i switched my trip to NJ and then this week Maryland came off list.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

Delaware has been an on again off again state . A person I may know from there  ,has been here twice , including now, it came off the list a couple days ago .

CDC updates their numbers. 94% of deaths in US had underlying conditions. 2.6 conditions to be exact.

According to the CDC 9683 died in the United States with only having COVID-19 listed on their death certificate.

• Like 4

Over 100 new cases in Oneonta where I live. SUNY College just started last week and it is already shut back down for two weeks. Best part is ZERO in the hospital! They say a few parties last weekend started it all. Who knows, I just keep going to work every week because I just don't care or fear it.I'll be saying it right up until it kills me

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, coonhunter said:

Over 100 new cases in Oneonta where I live. SUNY College just started last week and it is already shut back down for two weeks. Best part is ZERO in the hospital! They say a few parties last weekend started it all. Who knows, I just keep going to work every week because I just don't care or fear it.I'll be saying it right up until it kills me

Same here.  No fear at all.  My stepbrat is having her collage graduation party here because we're in the "county"...  She wants requires everyone that attends to have there temp taken when they arrive. If they want a drink from the coolers, they have to use hand sanitizer before and after.  Everyone has to say 6' apart. She's wondering why my family has declined to attend.   

Same here.  No fear at all.  My stepbrat is having her collage graduation party here because we're in the "county"...  She wants requires everyone that attends to have there temp taken when they arrive. If they want a drink from the coolers, they have to use hand sanitizer before and after.  Everyone has to say 6' apart. She's wondering why my family has declined to attend.   

The temperature thing makes zero sense to me. Most are asymptotic anyway, so they wouldn’t have a temp. Or say you feel a little off and pop Tylenol and now you brought your fever down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

CDC updates their numbers. 94% of deaths in US had underlying conditions. 2.6 conditions to be exact.

According to the CDC 9683 died in the United States with only having COVID-19 listed on their death certificate.

Nothing surprising or shocking about this. Close to half of all American are obese. People can live with obesity, diabetes, and even cancer for many decades.  In the case you note, Covid is what killed them. 

here’s a link to full reporting on this very unsurprising claim: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/politics/twitter-coronavirus-deaths-false-claim-qanon-trump/index.html 

Please look at the cdc chart on death ages . As most deaths are of people of age that would have a had time living with these 2.6 underlying conditions regularly but i agree covid didn’t help but a lot of these people didn’t have decades left one way or another. think everyone is spinning “facts”

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Nothing surprising or shocking about this. Close to half of all American are obese. People can live with obesity, diabetes, and even cancer for many decades.  In the case you note, Covid is what killed them. 

here’s a link to full reporting on this very unsurprising claim: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/politics/twitter-coronavirus-deaths-false-claim-qanon-trump/index.html 

12 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

flu would have too, no?

6 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

C'mon, it's been 5 months now. We're not still comparing Covid to the flu, are we?

for people with those types of underlying health conditions, yes i am.

I know of many people who got covid. Some died, some survived. But all had underlying health issues. I do not know of a single person who truly had no underlying health issues and ever showed a symptom of covid. I'm sure the same goes for you and 99% of americans.

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

for people with those types of underlying health conditions, yes i am.

I know of many people who got covid. Some died, some survived. But all had underlying health issues. I do not know of a single person who truly had no underlying health issues and ever showed a symptom of covid. I'm sure the same goes for you and 99% of americans.

If you're physically healthy odds are you'll be more likely to recover from most physical ailments. That's not what we're talking about here. The flu was here before Covid and we didn't have refrigerated trucks parked outside of hospitals to accommodate the bodies piling up in the morgue.  Accepting that Covid has a high transmissibility and that we lack general population-level immunity does not mean that you have to cower in a dark corner of your house. It means that you take simple precautions like social distancing and wearing masks when you can't… not because you’re weak but to prevent picking up the virus and transmitting it to someone who may not be as strong or healthy you.

Edited by Versatile_Hunter

2 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

It means that you take simple precautions like social distancing and wearing masks when you can't… not because you’re weak but to prevent picking up the virus and transmitting it to someone who may not be as strong or healthy you.

Why is this not a thing for the flu?

14 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

The flu was here before Covid and we didn't have refrigerated trucks parked outside of hospitals to accommodate the bodies piling up in the morgue.  

Simply because we weren't prepared for additional dead bodies. We know the flu kills 50K+ every year. Next flu/covid season, we will be more prepared. It  only lasted a few days anyway until the surge was done and those trucks were gone (many never used anyway). Westchester County Center was turned into a huge makeshift hospital, but was never used. Same with Jacob Javits center in NYC. Recently people freaked out about houston being overpopulated, which was not the case and everything is fine again. 

24 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Why is this not a thing for the flu?

If you’re suggesting that we should’ve been wearing masks during the flu season pre-covid, you may be onto something.

The etiology of influenza is actually quite different from SARS-CoV-2, but I don’t think that’s what you’re asking. As I said above, Covid is more infectious and because it’s a new virus, we lack immunity as a population. Most people who die from influenza don’t have a flu shot.

The facts are clear and we should be debating (as a society) how to proceed given what we know. Unfortunately, politicization and conspiracy theories are much more interesting to many.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Simply because we weren't prepared for additional dead bodies. We know the flu kills 50K+ every year. Next flu/covid season, we will be more prepared. It  only lasted a few days anyway until the surge was done and those trucks were gone (many never used anyway). Westchester County Center was turned into a huge makeshift hospital, but was never used. Same with Jacob Javits center in NYC. Recently people freaked out about houston being overpopulated, which was not the case and everything is fine again. 

Yes, we weren’t prepared for the corpses because Covid is a new virus with high transmissibility and because we lack population-level immunity or a vaccine (of course, our delay in acknowledging and responding to the virus and a lack of a cohesive national strategy and messaging have only made things much worse).

I don’t think the problem is that we didn’t have enough space in the morgue for the bodies, it’s that people are dying at high rates. The solution here should be to prevent deaths not simply to expand our morgues. It’s remarkable to see how high our numbers got despite a total shut down and a near economic halt.