Last weekend

RangerClay

It feels kinda funny saying the last weekend of bow season. But that's what it is for us northern zone folk. We get 2 weekends and that's it. The guns will start firing next weekend and deer movement will come to a halt. You guys in in the southern zone have been fighting for an extra couple weeks and it looks like you will get it next year. But that extra two weeks is all we get.

I never realized just how badly you guys get screwed over up there. I never hunted up there so I guess I just never paid that much attention. Any thoughts as to why the DEC decided to stick it to you people up there. I doubt it is because of the massive bow harvest.....lol.

thats not rite only 2 weeks for bow how long is your gun season up state i would think we should all have the same afterall you are still in newyork whats the difference and why i didnt know that your seasons were that different than down in the sothern zone come on down and good hunting to every one

The northern zone season isnt 2 weeks long It starts on september 27 with previous years license required and ends on October 21, Thats 24 short days which is almost 3 and a half weeks. What Ranger Clay is trying to say I think is that we get screwed when they throw the muzzleloaders in the woods with us on October 15 for the last week of bow. If your on private land and are bowhunting its no big deal but if you bowhunt places like Happy Valley and pull in on the 15th with your bow your in for a suprise. Our rifle season starts on October 22 and ends December 4th. Which is 44 days straight or just over 6 weeks. Why in the world the DEC doesnt take the first week of gun and use it for muzzleloaders instead is way beyond anything I can comprehend. I would actually dust of the ML and use it.

The northern zone season isnt 2 weeks long It starts on september 27 with previous years license required and ends on October 21, Thats 24 short days which is almost 3 and a half weeks. What Ranger Clay is trying to say I think is that we get screwed when they throw the muzzleloaders in the woods with us on October 15 for the last week of bow. If your on private land and are bowhunting its no big deal but if you bowhunt places like Happy Valley and pull in on the 15th with your bow your in for a suprise. Our rifle season starts on October 22 and ends December 4th. Which is 44 days straight or just over 6 weeks. Why in the world the DEC doesnt take the first week of gun and use it for muzzleloaders instead is way beyond anything I can comprehend. I would actually dust of the ML and use it.

I thaught he was saying bow season was 2 weeks

• Like 1

Thank you, you are correct. Season does start Sept. 27 but if you don't have a leftover tag, you're season starts Oct. 1st. Now our ML season starts Oct. 15th. That means you have 14 days to get it done with normal bowhunting conditions whether you have private land or not. I have private land and it doesn't matter. Once the gun hunters start blasting their Muzzleloaders this Saturday, normal deer movement comes to a stop and the deer start going nocturnal.

I mentioned on another thread here that I wanted to get the rifle season season shortened up here and I got flamed big time. In a nut shell we get screwed up here. The southern zone bowhunters will get an extra 2 weeks next year and we will only have 2 weeks of bowhunting only.

Yes if the proposal goes through they will get 2 more weeks but what you just said about ML during bow season will show its head with the early youth hunt in the first parts of the S. Tier bow season. Cant wait to hear those complaints, okay maybe I can. And I totaly agree with you ML should be the first week of gun and push back or shorten the gun season a week. I built a camp in S.tier back in the 90's so Oct.15 I will be there. I live in N.tier and have a fair amount of my own land so ML arent a problem for me either. But its a dumb thing to stick them in with bow hunters for several reasons and the one that stands out the most is the full camo bowhunters mixed in the woods with the ML hunters. Stupid is what that deal is.

with everyone shooting their guns around here i'm not worried about a youth hunt durring bow next year if it passes.. sounds like a dam war around here ever weekend starting labor day....

Funny you say that, my Dad gave me a right last night and said it sounded like WW3 yesterday and the shots rang out till after 6pm

with everyone shooting their guns around here i'm not worried about a youth hunt durring bow next year if it passes.. sounds like a dam war around here ever weekend starting labor day....

Yep, I listened to a couple of guys up the street sight in their MLs last night while I was shooting the bow. Went on right up to dark.