Ready to GO! 5 Days away, bags packed, clothes washed and bow is ready!

burmjohn

Ready to GO! 5 Days away, bags packed, clothes washed and bow is ready!

Are you ready?

What are you looking forward to this season? (traditions, that buck you saw on the trail camera, hanging with your buddies?)

Me, I'm ready for all of the above, can't wait to shoot the crap with the hunting friends. Enjoy some good food, drinks, cigars and just relaxing the day away in my stand(s) hoping the big guy will walk by.

I just wish I had a bit more confidence this year. Trail cams are a wonderful thing until they don't show what you want to see. Last year, there were jillions of pics of does and bucks....... not this year. I can conjure up all kinds of reasons why what I'm see on camera is not representative of what will be happening once the season starts. But now we are getting real close and the cam story is still the same. I have spent days wandering all over the place, but the sign is still extremely sparce. I think I might be getting a bit worried now ..... lol. A few days from now, we will be getting a first hand look at the real situation. I just hope it all lives up to expectations.

I just wish I had a bit more confidence this year. Trail cams are a wonderful thing until they don't show what you want to see. Last year, there were jillions of pics of does and bucks....... not this year. I can conjure up all kinds of reasons why what I'm see on camera is not representative of what will be happening once the season starts. But now we are getting real close and the cam story is still the same. I have spent days wandering all over the place, but the sign is still extremely sparce. I think I might be getting a bit worried now ..... lol. A few days from now, we will be getting a first hand look at the real situation. I just hope it all lives up to expectations.

I've seen the most sign in all 3 of my areas, around old apple trees.. They seem to have produced a much better apple mast then i've seen in recent yrs, which is nice because i havent noticed much in terms of acorns this season so far. Other typical thickets and funnels i usally hunt have little to no sign..

People just don't understand what it means to us....could you believe a client scheduled a 4 pm conference call this Friday...........like I am going to be able to focus on the meeting....

Just tell the client "something suddenly came up" ala Marcia Brady . . . :huh: