ScoutLook Weather APP

dpalmer

Hey Guys-

I'm new to the forum but I wanted to take a chance to introduce myself. I really enjoy all types of hunting, although I do love bowhunting trips with my buddies. Do you guys ever organize group hunts on this forum for people that live semi-close?

Now that the weather is changing it starts to affect my hunt, so lately I've been using this app from a weather site my friend told me about- ScoutLook Weather.

*** Admin Edit - If you'd like to advertise your product please post it in the classifieds section or contact an admin for Sponsorship information. Thanks!

Anyways I think I'm going to go for a hunt this weekend, who else is planning one?

-Dan

Looks pretty cool. I just ordered it and will blame you for the $2 loss if it sucks. :lol:

Im not high tech yet like you all How are these I phones are they as good as advertized,and do you have good service whith them.

I have the IPhone 4. I switched from a Blackberry about 1 1/2 years ago. Other than the antennae issue when they first came out (had to buy a shell that covered the metal around the phone that serves as the antennae) I love it. It's like having a mini computer with you at all times. I use it for business and for fun (some days mostly for fun :P ) Now that they came out with the IPhone 4S - not much different than the 4 other than a bit faster processor and I think they fixed the antennae issue - ATT dropped price to $99 for the "4" and $199 for 4s with 2 year contract. ATT service is not the best but then again, all carriers have issues. I'm happy with the service where I travel including my hunting area where I have full service.

Edited by Deerthug

The phones are great, and I have excellent service with my Verizon android phone. The #1 Biggest problem a regular phone user will have is batter life. I don't care what smart phone you have, the battery life SUCKS. You have to charge at least 1x per day to a solid full charge. If you use the phone a lot (Web, email, etc) depending on the phone you can get anywhere from 6 hrs to 24 hrs of battery life. I remember when I had a "dumb phone", I used to be able to go a week with out charging it up.

I have a Droid X, its a great phone, just blows through battery like nobody's business. Died on me last Saturday from taking pics and uploading in the stand.

Same here, and I have the extended battery! Its that damn big screen that kills the battery, at least thats what 50% of the consumption is.

?WHY are they not solar powered,forgot would be to smart.Very good idea.Can we buy extra batt for these phones.What is the cost for these

Yes you can get extra batteries for most of the android phones. The iPhones do not have the ability to change the battery. I get the batteries off ebay for as cheap as $10. The extended battery was about $25 but that included the larger batter, a new case, and a new battery cover (because its larger). It pretty much doubled my battery life to a whopping 24 hours.

Is it just me, or was that a great internet marketing post?

Not a single specific mention to being a NY site...it's general enough that I bet you find the same post in various forums by the marketer.

Only one post to date, too.

Pretty sure the guy is legit... :)

Yeah, a legit marketer for a legit app. It's a classic forum post to drive traffic, however, they used the site to make a sale (at least one...so it worked). That's not a big deal to me...just moreso the methodlogy used.

Note the sly questions inserted to generate conversation? Hunting this weekend? The conversation keeps the link and thread up top and generates more views. The "my friend told me about" line is very traditional across the product boards...ranging from performance enhancers (bow-chicka-wow), debt reduction plans, money schemes, and even apps.

I know this stuff becauseI sometimes have to dabble in it...for a Fortune ranked company no less.

The reason I think some may feel it is legit is that it's Huntlogix, LLC., which is a NY company (Syracuse I think). Oh the coincidence :keeporder: . What are the odds of the poster somehow being related to the company? My magic 8 ball says that chances are all but certain. If I'm not mistaken, one of the founders was a big proponent of the AR campaign in the Finger Lakes several years ago.The one that brought in the biologist from down south and held meetings around the area.

Edited by phade

The phones are great, and I have excellent service with my Verizon android phone. The #1 Biggest problem a regular phone user will have is batter life. I don't care what smart phone you have, the battery life SUCKS. You have to charge at least 1x per day to a solid full charge. If you use the phone a lot (Web, email, etc) depending on the phone you can get anywhere from 6 hrs to 24 hrs of battery life. I remember when I had a "dumb phone", I used to be able to go a week with out charging it up.

Yup. That is the downside. However, with the Iphone if you double click the menu button you bring up all apps running in the background. If you press on one of those apps for about 2 secs they start to shake and a (-) shows up on upper left hand corner. By pressing each one, you can close the app and save battery life. Since I figured that out I've been getting 2-3 days without charging. I don't know if that works on the Android or Droid.

Oh Yeah . . . almost forgot . . . Good Hunting this weekend! Be Safe!

Edited by Deerthug

Yeah, a legit marketer for a legit app. It's a classic forum post to drive traffic, however, they used the site to make a sale (at least one...so it worked). That's not a big deal to me...just moreso the methodlogy used.

Note the sly questions inserted to generate conversation? Hunting this weekend? The conversation keeps the link and thread up top and generates more views. The "my friend told me about" line is very traditional across the product boards...ranging from performance enhancers (bow-chicka-wow), debt reduction plans, money schemes, and even apps.

I know this stuff becauseI sometimes have to dabble in it...for a Fortune ranked company no less.

The reason I think some may feel it is legit is that it's Huntlogix, LLC., which is a NY company (Syracuse I think). Oh the coincidence :keeporder: . What are the odds of the poster somehow being related to the company? My magic 8 ball says that chances are all but certain. If I'm not mistaken, one of the founders was a big proponent of the AR campaign in the Finger Lakes several years ago.The one that brought in the biologist from down south and held meetings around the area.

Your right.... I dug into it deeper. Google dpalmer scoutlook - its on multiple forums. What through me off originally is that his IP is from NY. I don't mind people pushing their product, and an interesting one at that, but don't lie to us :)