lets see your STATE LAND harvest buck or doe.

arrow nocker

I dont have any pics right now but mt dad and i hunted state land 2 years ago for two days and the first afternoon my dad killed a very nice ten point and the next morning I killed a really neat racked 6 point. His was on 10/30 and mine was on 10/31. We never scouted. Both perfect kills with a bow. I hunted a piece of state land in muzzeloader season last year where i saw 21 deer in one sitting. They get all bunched up and stay in tight groups in those thick pines. Hard to beleive all those deer and no shots fired. Just look on google Earth and find the low areas and ravines in the state land you want to hunt and plan from there. I've had my best luck on the higher ridges of the State land.

i have some nice spots down in connetcuit hill but thats almost 1.5 hours from me.I do opening weekend of gun down there and next yr going to do alott of bowhunting there.Just camp for the weekend.

try deer creek marsh..... its a pretty good spot, and, chateagway up here by me, lots of activity, and no one hunts it.

I have taken at least 15 deer from state land.Some were very big doe, a couple 8 pts. and my very first deer was a 4 pt. from state land.I try to get away from other hunters by parking where there are no vehicles.I also would sit all morning or afternoon but I took a few walking slowly, one buck I shot as he was bedded on a shelf below me, he was watching the wrong way. There are plenty of deer on the state land here in western N.Y. and I imagine elsewhere too.After opening day the crowds thin out and late season you may not see many hunters at all.Good luck.

No the bow is a martin vision. I started out with a Ben Pearson bow Loved that thing. It was a soverign Mace I switched it up because I was pulling 43 pounds at 29 inches now I am pulling around 51-53 pounds at 29 inches. Much flatter shooting and faster.

This is my biggest buck with a bow out of state land. They are there and you have to really scout the place you are going to hunt find some nice thick places that it is hard to get a shot off. They are there.

post-373-0-31730600-1321011167_thumb.jpg

arrow nocker; there's a links somewhere to the stateland interactive mapper, from the Volney area maybe check out Happy Vally or there's a bunch a bit north of that. I know some in 7m but that is out of your way I think. Still it's a bummer about loosing any hunting spot.

As you can see, lots of guys hit state land and make it happen. I have taken my best buck to date and some 7's, one of those this year off WMA. Not to mention some of my best Birds as well. It can be a challenge scouting the areas but even after getting into a lease I still do what I call 'day-runs' and it can pay off. It also helps to prevent burn out from hitting the same spot. Anyhow onto your request, here's a few pics - btw the my media thing on this forum is driving me nuts so the description - pics might not be in order

11 from 06 - smoothbore 12g

7 from 09 - .243

7 from 11 - Bow

Pair of Toms

post-4-0-70979400-1319255708_thumb.jpg

post-3-131455288696_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-33175900-1321312419_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-97760200-1321312429_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-80888200-1321312484_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fantail

fantail:

I have been to happy valley quite a bit.i like to go there to take a break from bow during southern teir bow season.I had the opportunity at a nice 8pt but couldnt seal the deal.Seen a lott of doe and had a yearling doe 10 yrds from my son and i once.I do a lott of squirll hunting there too.

My son took a nice 8 pt from some state land up in jeferson county.Was his first 3 hours ever hunting in the woods.20yd heart shot with the 50cal ML.Have to dig up some pics.

Those are some nice deer you got there.