anyone one going still bow hunt

hookon

132 8pt. hey I live in and sometimes hunt Webster as well . I did the town hunt the first year. Large part of it is in my old childhood stomping grounds..... Friend lives right in the middle of the town land,he also owns land there . he knows the land well as he hunted it for 15 plus year before the town 'green spaced it ". A ton of large bucks .

132 8pt. hey I live in and sometimes hunt Webster as well . I did the town hunt the first year. Large part of it is in my old childhood stomping grounds..... Friend lives right in the middle of the town land,he also owns land there . he knows the land well as he hunted it for 15 plus year before the town 'green spaced it ". A ton of large bucks .

Thanks that is good to hear.I may give the land a try although it will seem odd bowhunting during gun season.I like NOT having someone with a shotgun park there butt 100 yds away from me like yesterday on State land. :angry:

Anyone going to bow hunt in bow only zone during gun season coming?

ABSOLUTELY!!! And glad that our state allows us to do so.

There are many state parks and properties throughout the state that are Bow Only right through the Late Season. Love it!

Edited by SteveMcD

You bet..We just found out that we can bow hunt on letchworth while the shotguns are booming. The archery only area's of the park can be hunted. We just have to find out about tag's. I would think when regular season is open you still have to use your regular buck tag or any doe tag's. Shotgun hunt in the morning and bow in the afternoon...Can't get better then that!!!

You bet..We just found out that we can bow hunt on letchworth while the shotguns are booming. The archery only area's of the park can be hunted. We just have to find out about tag's. I would think when regular season is open you still have to use your regular buck tag or any doe tag's. Shotgun hunt in the morning and bow in the afternoon...Can't get better then that!!!

A bowhunter was talking about hunting the campgrounds with bow during shotgun season but I didn't know if he was correct. It used to be you would be arrested if you were in the archery only areas during the regular season. (Or ticketed).Hmm might be worth a try.

Edited by 132 eight pointer

Park police say it's ok but i sure would like to know what the rules are for sure. I dont know why you could'nt as long as you went by the big game rules with using reg season buck tags and such.

If the Park Police say you can, that would be alright with me.You could call the Park office and ask.Tags should be Reg season buck taken with a bow, or any 8m dmp you might have.You can't use bow/mz tags until the late season.The hunting law/regulations guide on pg 26 shows what tag can be used when.

Park police say it's ok but i sure would like to know what the rules are for sure. I dont know why you could'nt as long as you went by the big game rules with using reg season buck tags and such.

Fourseason, on the archery permit it says archery hunting allowed in archery only areas during the reg. season. I just looked at it again.:]

im also gonna give the bow a try one of these mornings in the park i hvae a really nice bow only spot thats in the park plus my friend and his dad have those special archery permits to shoot the doe in the non hunting areas

Shawn dont forget about the saftey zone they opened on the mt morris end of the park. I saw a great 8pt taken out of that area but he was on the bottom. He had been hit in the front leg with an arrow early in the year and there was puss coming out of it. The guy was from pa that took the buck and he said the only shot he had was the texas heart shot and he took it. The buck went 30 yards and dropped. He was a 130 class 8pt. Awesome looking buck but i believe the way he was acting he might be full of infection through out his whole body. He was just kinda standing on the bottom kinda in a daze looking at the geese in the river!!