2020 WNY Archery Academy is Finally Open!

The_Real_TCIII

All those FPS seem spot on. I agree other people think they shoot faster than they do.

My bow (Mathews HTX) has an IBO of 326fps if i remember right. Anyway, I'm 28.5" draw and have a d loop, kisser button and peep. Using 366 grain arrow/tip/nock I was shooting 238fps at 46lbs. Using the same setup it shot 263fps at 56lbs. I have it set at 51lbs now so I must be somewhere between 238 and 263, likely around 250fps

29 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

All those FPS seem spot on. I agree other people think they shoot faster than they do.

My bow (Mathews HTX) has an IBO of 326fps if i remember right. Anyway, I'm 28.5" draw and have a d loop, kisser button and peep. Using 366 grain arrow/tip/nock I was shooting 238fps at 46lbs. Using the same setup it shot 263fps at 56lbs. I have it set at 51lbs now so I must be somewhere between 238 and 263, likely around 250fps

Knowing what I know about you and numbers ,I have a hard time believing you sleep well at night having that much of window of true bow speed ,you must lay there awake crunching numbers to try and figure out the actual speed.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Knowing what I know about you and numbers ,I have a hard time believing you sleep well at night having that much of window of true bow speed ,you must lay there awake crunching numbers to try and figure out the actual speed.

True, I thought about buying a chrono for that reason. But 250fps has to be within 1-2fps one way or the other so now it's just about getting dialed in at 25yds and lobbing the rest by feel at farther or shorter distances. 

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

True, I thought about buying a chrono for that reason. But 250fps has to be within 1-2fps one way or the other so now it's just about getting dialed in at 25yds and lobbing the rest by feel at farther or shorter distances. 

Its plenty fast what ever the number happens to be .

• Like 1

Some companies are more known tweaking every possible amount of speed from their bows to appeal to the people with little ding dong syndrome. LOL
I hear that's the Matthews, prime, PSE, Hoyt guys. Elite doesn't need to do any hokey nonsense. They are just purely the best hence their well earned name

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

39 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I hear that's the Matthews, prime, PSE, Hoyt guys. Elite doesn't need to do any hokey nonsense. They are just purely the best hence their well earned name

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I bet your bow shoots 317fps

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Just now, The Jerkman said:

Dunno. I never measured it despite having a Chrono for years now. But my 180 grain .300WBY handloads are pushing 3000fps +/- 5-10fps

#WeDemandADislikeButton

You have a bow chrono? Can we try it out?

40 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Elite claims to be the worlds most shootable bow and thats what they are. They never claimed to be the fastest bow . Let the other brands play the numbers game for the people who are silly enough to fall for it.

• Like 1

Elite claims to be the worlds most shootable bow and thats what they are. They never claimed to be the fastest bow . Let the other brands play the numbers game for the people who are silly enough to fall for it.
Pretty sure the Indians and their undoubtedly slow stick bows were killing deer and bison and everything else with no trouble with painfully slow bows. Elite doesn't need to be a speed demon. But they are smooth AF and da best! That's my honest opinion and I'll never change.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Pretty sure the Indians and their undoubtedly slow stick bows were killing deer and bison and everything else with no trouble with painfully slow bows. Elite doesn't need to be a speed demon. But they are smooth AF and da best! That's my honest opinion and I'll never change.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I think they killed most of the bison by making the heard run off a cliff .

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

At some point. I don't see why not

#WeDemandADislikeButton

The sooner the better so i can get cranking on some more math. Pick a day and I'm sure others will join too.

The sooner the better so i can get cranking on some more math. Pick a day and I'm sure others will join too.
Ain't gonna be soon. Late September is probably the earliest. I'm a busy guy

#WeDemandADislikeButton

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Ain't gonna be soon. Late September is probably the earliest. I'm a busy guy

#WeDemandADislikeButton

late september? season opens 10/1. who isn't busy? you better practice!!!

late september? season opens 10/1. who isn't busy? you better practice!!!
Oh I intend to practice I'm just a busy guy. Can't run around all over the place till closer to the season then I begin my tree stalking and I still gotta throw up stands next month

#WeDemandADislikeButton

29 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Oh I intend to practice I'm just a busy guy. Can't run around all over the place till closer to the season then I begin my tree stalking and I still gotta throw up stands next month

#WeDemandADislikeButton

can @crappyice and I borrow your chrono?

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Gonna throw up stands NEXT MONTH?!?! Come on man- next month is Opening Day!!!! You know what I mean!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

can [mention=327]crappyice[/mention] and I borrow your chrono?

I don’t do
Numbers! Chrono mean nothing to me - what matters to me is when I shoot, I make meat! Discount bow, discount heads....me knowing how to use them and making the right shot makes meat...not a chrono!

Having said all that, I would love to shoot again..let’s bring the Chrono to Blue mountain for a 3D round and then chrono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2