2020 WNY Archery Academy is Finally Open!

The_Real_TCIII

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i am wayyyyyy behind on shooting practice this year.  Need to up my practice rounds ASAP before the big game starts.  Ive had this bow for 4 years prior so im used to it but still need to get a little more time in before season. 

I couldnt believe how out of shape my bow muscles got from hardly shooting this year. 

I hear ya! I haven't shot any where's enough this year and I can feel it. I got home last night too late to attend the Academy so i flung a couple at home just b4 dark. My strength is not any where close to what it should be. I need to shoot every day from now to 10-1. I don't see that happening as I leave for Baltimore tomorrow! It will be a week b4 I touch my bow again. Not to mention that i need to put out some cameras and start getting some stands put up! WTF, where has the summer gone?

• Like 1

It's a treat watching[mention=8872]dinorocks[/mention] shoot a self made longbow and arrows, including obsidian broadheads! Remarkable craftsmanship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s awesome and it’s sweet that he just sticks his next arrows in his pocket- he doesn’t have the fancy WNW Academy belt loop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'll post these again so the guy that never practices can critique where we are with our program.The service department was swamped with work last night as the season gets closer.
20200901_183250.thumb.jpg.ce8050b260470328e31e6219c55f69d1.jpg
20200901_192647.thumb.jpg.780e2b7b6bd7ac1ce722ef3ab252a39f.jpg
That second picture is still quite a large spread.

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

9f82f6978a99c95be9b01df46835e241.jpg
That's a 1.5" group at 40 yards on a windy day, please post yours at your earliest convenience

Sod father shot one that was in the orange and you had your bow in a press turning cables and string 15 minutes earlier ,I'm not sure while I feel the need to defend our shooting.

9f82f6978a99c95be9b01df46835e241.jpg&key=b0ba293017b6799a807209e4d2d1944b428ac858922b4a671cc3f0e4e76f690c

That's a 1.5" group at 40 yards on a windy day, please post yours at your earliest convenience

If you're aiming at the bull that's a big spread. All those arrows should have been bunched together on a dinner plate. Should be a saucer size

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Sod father shot one that was in the orange and you had your bow in a press turning cables and string 15 minutes earlier ,I'm not sure while I feel the need to defend our shooting.
Also why not shoot at different bulls if you're all shooting at the same time?

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Just now, The Jerkman said:

If you're aiming at the bull that's a big spread. All those arrows should have been bunched together

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I would love to see your groups at 40 yards, just so you can sleep tonight I did lower my 40 yard pin after that group 

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Also why not shoot at different bulls if you're all shooting at the same time?

#WeDemandADislikeButton

2 of us were getting pins dialed in . We all await your 15 yard group that say is at 40.

• Haha 2

I would love to see your groups at 40 yards, just so you can sleep tonight I did lower my 40 yard pin after that group 
Whose shots were right on the bull? That was a nice group the others are a bit spread out

#WeDemandADislikeButton

2 of us were getting pins dialed in . We all await your 15 yard group that say is at 40.
Man a bit butthurt about your shots. I don't shoot all year round so I never claimed to be the worlds greatest shot, but one would think for someone that shoots year round you'd have a tighter group

#WeDemandADislikeButton

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Man a bit butthurt about your shots. I don't shoot all year round so I never claimed to be the worlds greatest shot, but one would think for someone that shoots year round you'd have a tighter group

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I'm not butthurt , I said before this was the least amount I have ever shot going into a season . You seem very confrontational lately ,first you jump on a guy for his wedding plans and now you jump on people for how they shot their bow on a windy day . 

I'm not butthurt , I said before this was the least amount I have ever shot going into a season . You seem very confrontational lately ,first you jump on a guy for his wedding plans and now you jump on people for how they shot their bow on a windy day . 
All I was saying was I expected a tighter grouping. Not saying that I could pick up my bow today and shoot the same. No need to be so sensitive about everything. Merely meant as a friendly jab. Though I do question why not shoot at different circles unless you were seeing who got closest to the bull

#WeDemandADislikeButton

this thread has all the makings for a HNY Forum Archery Classic. Maybe next summer? Someone put together a tournament!

Oh I will definitely not win. Probably somewhere middle of the pack depending if it's more than the academy showing up otherwise if it was just the academy I'd say probably somewhere towards the back of the pack

#WeDemandADislikeButton

8 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I have keys to the place so I attended a solo Saturday  shoot. After sweating out the booze from Tacks birthday get together I decided to give the broadhead I’ll be using a try. They flew the same as my field point with maybe a little drop at 40 yards . 

4DA7E94B-686C-4B5F-BB97-CC1EDABE54E6.jpeg

27238AA1-A106-4AB9-A7D6-E64F8FCCDBEC.jpeg

Dino had a profound influence on you I see...........LOL

• Like 2